+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Phone contact. How much is TOO much?

Phone contact. How much is TOO much?

I've been seeing this wonderful girl for about a Month now. It's obvious that we're very much into each other and due to our busy schedules (she's a single Mom with a full time job and I too am very busy these days), we don't actually get together except a couple of times per week. She's been great about phoning me on her own and always returns my calls promptly when I leave a message.

For the past couple of weeks, she's actually invited me several places. Dancing, roller-skating, amusemaent park with the kid, etc. MANY nice things have been said back and forth, although no sex yet (which is fine at this point)

My concern is this: (For those of you that know my history, I'm re-leaning the dating game) How much phone contact is too much at this point? Calling her every day to say hello seems clingy and smothering on my part (I THINK) but yet there are days when she calls me three or four times. Other days, nothing. Although I know there are no 'rules of thumb,' part of me wants her to know that I'm caring, attentive and thinking about her but on the other hand I don't want to scare her off, smother her or appear too 'easy' yet I don't want to lose the momentium that we have going either.

Opinions? Thanks in advance.

Well when she calls you, why is she calling? That can help you form some guidelines. Error on the side of caution and don't call too much. You can show her how you feel in other ways than calling all the time.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Well when she calls you, why is she calling? That can help you form some guidelines. Error on the side of caution and don't call too much. You can show her how you feel in other ways than calling all the time.

Most of the time, just to say hi, chat a bit and to let me know what's going on with her day.

And yeah, I'd rather err on the side of caution than possibility smother something good. At least I know myself LOL.

Use her as an example of what to do. Also make it random too (dont phone at the same time every day).

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.