+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ready to explode

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Cyborg, do your sisters have any insights about your love life you'd care to share?
    Yeah they'd prob say something along the lines of "he's too negative, he keeps to himself too much" Which is what I tend to be in person. Very introverted.

And that girl you were interested in sounds like a brat. I generally advise against putting much faith in internet "relationships". One can say ANYTHING on the internet - it is almost like talking to yourself. I bet if you had met this girl in person, you would have known she was a brat right away.
    Heh no shit, I learned the hard way. She just played too many mind games and stupid stuff in general I should have never even dealt with. For example..She would say something and I would say "I see" and she would come right back with "you see what?"

Annoying Shit like that but with every ****ing thing I said. Then after we met she said she would kiss me the next time we met. So we met and the kiss never came and I did most everything right. Instead she decided to play her shitty little mind games once again and I went home dissapointed. Stuuuupid, sorry but I'm not a puppet. Is this normal? I wouldn't know. Why can't people just be upfront? She wanted to play these 4 question games and guessing games over the internet. No thanks.
    Last edited by cyborgguineapig; 02-10-05 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89

say, now drinking is no big deal. most of my girl friends dont like "hardcore drinkers".
    cut back on the drinking.

now i dont wonder anymore why men die of early age!
    Wut, I thought you were a man?

Jk jK, see I have a sense of humour too. I know I came off as a little pissy but trust me in real life I'm quite humorous. Don't get me wrong, people like me. They just never see this side of me. I'm an introverted character though.
    I tend to keep to myself most of the time when in person. Its true about what you say shh, people are different online. I speak from the mind when writing on the internet. In person I don't know how to speak so I just don't lol. Theres something in my brain with the chemicals not reaching the nodes or something which makes translation of thought to mouth harder than it is. People usually think I'm a pothead when I speak although I don't smoke.

If their is a drug out their though that allows me speak as freely as I write I wouldn't hesitate popping a few of those heh, it would fix about 95% of all my problems. Alcohol helps a little with my social skills but not enough. My effective speaking skills are pretty bad. I took an effective speaking course which literally made me come close to shitting my pants in nervousness and left me off worst than I was before taking the course. The class enlightenned me though in that I discovered I had sever social anxiety dissorder.
    [url]http://www.effexorxr.com/sad.asp?at=googl[/url]

Furthermore I discovered that I have somewhat of a borderline personality which explains a lot.
    [url]http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/bpd.html[/url]

But those two things I don't think the people of love forum could help me much with.
    Last edited by cyborgguineapig; 02-10-05 at 05:09 PM.

Maybe, if you stopped being so angry, reactive and overly-defensive?
    Speak less. Say more.

lilwing89 Guest
    i honestly hope you arent pissy at girls.

the sense of humor they like though. girls prolly wont date you if you're a serious one.

Ah! Good word for it, Lilwing. Cyborgg, I don't mean any offense, but the tone of your posts really is somewhat pissy. If that quality is being conveyed here on a board, you can be sure it's also being conveyed in person. Might want to give thought to some of things you're telegraphing to people.
    Speak less. Say more.

If you're having anxiety problems, you can go get help for that.

Tone Guest
    I agree with shh!, that's what was on my mind the whole time readin his thread - how he talks as if these girls are suppose to look at him, and automatically know he's this great, funny, good guy, with a 7 inch pecker that they should be with.

Think about it, if you're a girl and you see a few good looking guys - 2 of which don't really do much around you and 1 who makes the effort to get to know you, which would you go for? How are they to know you are this awesome guy if you don't make the effort or put yourself out there to try to get to know anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgguineapig
    Yeah they'd prob say something along the lines of "he's too negative, he keeps to himself too much" Which is what I tend to be in person. Very introverted.
    Cyborg, if your sisters say this, then this is what the rest of the world sees about you, and whether or not it is an accurate depiction of you, people will often find it to be too much work to get to know the real you.

I think that although you express a certain level of hostility about women, you are probably most angry at yourself for not being able to overcome your shyness. Something to consider about shyness is that when you are preoccupied with concern about your own level of discomfort , you are unable to completely focus your attention on another person. For this reason, it has been said that being shy is a form of selfishness - shy people are entirely too focused on the self.

Try to take yourself outside of your head and make it your mission to find out something of genuine interest about another person. Everyone has something very interesting and non-trivial about themselves, male or female, so you can even practice this on your buddies. Quit worrying about how you sound to them - it will become obvious if they are uncomfortable, and people are generally very narcissistic and like to discuss themselves.

You will have better luck meeting quality girls who will find YOU interesting if you take up some sort of hobby/cause/charitable work that you feel passionate and positive about, preferably one that is conducive to gathering in groups.

Aren't you a student? There ought to be some girls you can connect to at school. Check out some of the clubs on campus. Not all the girls at school are slutty little dumb-dumbs. Your girl is out there waiting for you to find her.

EDIT: About the flirty girl behavior, if you think about the process on a deeper level, it is really all about trying to make someone else feel good about themselves, which in turn, makes YOU feel good, too. Try to be a bit softer about this behavior, and the silly little meaningless games girls want to play. They are harmless and meant to be taken as fun. It is really only a problem if this is ALL a girl knows how to do.
    Last edited by shh!; 03-10-05 at 03:56 AM.

Cyborg, if your sisters say this, then this is what the rest of the world sees about you, and whether or not it is an accurate depiction of you, people will often find it to be too much work to get to know the real you.

I think that although you express a certain level of hostility about women, you are probably most angry at yourself for not being able to overcome your shyness. Something to consider about shyness is that when you are preoccupied with concern about your own level of discomfort , you are unable to completely focus your attention on another person. For this reason, it has been said that being shy is a form of selfishness - shy people are entirely too focused on the self.

Try to take yourself outside of your head and make it your mission to find out something of genuine interest about another person. Everyone has something very interesting and non-trivial about themselves, male or female, so you can even practice this on your buddies. Quit worrying about how you sound to them - it will become obvious if they are uncomfortable, and people are generally very narcissistic and like to discuss themselves.

You will have better luck meeting quality girls who will find YOU interesting if you take up some sort of hobby/cause/charitable work that you feel passionate and positive about, preferably one that is conducive to gathering in groups.

Aren't you a student? There ought to be some girls you can connect to at school. Check out some of the clubs on campus. Not all the girls at school are slutty little dumb-dumbs. Your girl is out there waiting for you to find her.

Best advice you'll get, cyborgg.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Best advice you'll get, cyborgg.
    I agree with this post.

She's the Queen of LF for a reason.

I was gonna say EXACTLY the same thing!

Shh! -- Marry me!
    Speak less. Say more.

I think your only problem is that you think sex makes people better. I would love for a 16 year old to tell me I am a loser because I am 22 and a virgin and hes cool cause he fingered his slut girl friend. I will then punch him in the face(repeatedly) and tell him he just got beat up by a virgin. Also you havea problem of thinking about it to much.

I agree with your last parapgraph though. I await my entire life for the perfect girl to come along...just so I can tell her to **** off cause she wanst there from the beginning and only for me.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 03-10-05 at 12:14 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I think your only problem is that you think sex makes people better. I would love for a 16 year old to tell me I am a loser because I am 22 and a virgin and hes cool cause he fingered his slut girl friend. I will then punch him in the face(repeatedly) and tell him he just got beat up by a virgin. Also you havea problem of thinking about it to much.
    "tell him he just got beat up by a virgin"...lmao
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12