+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What's with all the Self pity today?

I agree with what Rb says...She only pointed out the fact they see proof between normal levels or serotonin and people who have less. How come they can't say why those people have low levels? Low calcium intake = weak bones. What causes it? If you keep medicating and you have no clue what the real cause was, you only end up decreasing natural body defenses and the person is stuck with the medication for LIFE. Not to mention if you get off the medication you can end up having far more problems.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Hey good point, Asip.

i agree tone. the world is never factual. this is just the current meta-theory. there is still so much more to know about the mind, about everything, we'll never know. i don't think anybody is assuming this can be proven though. nothing can be proven.

but really, nobody thinks you're dumb. we're really just having fun with you.

Tone Guest
    Thanks, sombra.

do you need a hug toni?

Tone Guest
    Who doesn't? ;D

I'm not one to ever turn down a free hug, anyway!

::hugs::
    _______

Tone Guest
    muchas gracias!

And I hope you guys don't misunderstand me. I very much enjoyed debating that with you. So... this isn't a pity hug or anything, right?!

no it's a ... "ah honey, shut-up" hug.

lol. (the simpsons, remember?)

Tone Guest
    I dunno that episode, mami

;x

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree Asip, completely! And no Tone I don't disagree with you on that. All minds are different to some extent. And how someone's mind handles something compared to someone elses is always going to be different. So there is no one fact that states that is the problem in everyone's case. So of course, your not going to believe there is proof if there could be differnet causes for the same effect. Which is what I think one of your main points is.

But I do think there are reasonable explanations for people who suffer from depression constantly. It's not the fact they can't just switch their mind to say " ok I feel better now. And yes Asip, I don't think they have found out why someone has lower levels of some chemicals in their brains nor do I think they ever will find that out since again everyone is differnet.

I have been diagnosed with PTSD, but I'm not medicated for this, I try to be an optimist in all things to prevent myself from falling backwards. So I understand all angles of depression do believe in chemical inbalances but again this is my opinion not based on what Therapists say!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910