+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cal. Wildfires

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    florida is not really considered a southern state. when i visited georgia, the people talk waaaaay different.
    Yes, accents vary all over.

fire season has just started over there?

Well, the fire season is the Santa Ana wind season which begins usually in October, but we have had a longer-than-usual summer, so we are starting late...

damn. we had a pretty mellow fire season this year. we had small lightning fires but luckily we got through the 4th of july without incident.

Ugh - I hate the 4th of July. It isn't our main fire season (no wind in July) but we are still very dry here, so the threat of fire makes me worry...

i remember it was a couple years ago you guys were having fires around san bernadino, and there was a big forest fire going on in arizona, and then we were having fires all over new mexico... the sky was blood red. it was weird. it looked like armageddon.

Yes, It's very hard on the lungs and it burns the eyes. Fortunately, lots of the old-growth brush in our area was burned down in the last two years of fire, so there isn't as much left to burn this year....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12