+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he interested?

Is he interested?

Hi Guys,

I met this guy a couple of months ago. We seemed to hit it off, but we didn't exchange numbers or anything. I then happened to bump into him again a week later at the same place we met. We basically admitted to each other that we were interested and seeing he lived only 1km from my house, he asked me to stop by sometime.

I ended up stopping by, but he wasn't home so I left my number so he could call me. We spoke a few times and then ended up meeting up one night. Just went for a drive and has a really good chat, but nothing happened. Didn't really phase me, as some guys don't like to make a move straight away.

We spoke again briefly over the next few days, until he told me had to go interstate for nine weeks due to work commitments...that was three weeks ago.

Last Sunday afternoon I say him at a local pub when I was having a few quiet drinks with the girls. This obviously surprised me as he was supposed to be away so I instantly though he lied to me. He ended up coming over and saying hello (with a kiss on the cheek) and told me that his trip ended up being cancelled. So he sat down and chatted for about 10 minutes. He went back to his mates and then came back for another chat etc etc. When it was time for me to leave, I went up to say goodbye, so again he kissed me on the cheek and said that's too bad. We chatted for a few more minutes and then when it finally time to go he kissed me again so I just said "give me a call sometime if you're bored!"

It's been a week and no call...maybe I'm expecting too much too early, but I was wondering if it's even worth me calling him as I thought he just might be the lazy type. I just don't understand as I thought guys were the type to avoid chicks they weren't interested in incase they added fuel to the fire...why would he say hello etc?

AAAHHHH. I don't know anymore.

Hopefully you can offer some advice...thanks!

Weeza
    Last edited by weeza; 25-11-05 at 10:25 AM.

Well, it's kinda hard to tell if he's genuinely interested or not because he's sending mixed signals (so your confusion is justified). I would say that if he is interested that you're not yet a priority for him. You did say that the two of you had a little discussion though right and admitted to each other that you were interested in each other. So, if I were you and I had his number (don't know if you have it or not) I would call him and ask him out. If you don't have his number all you can do is hope to bump into him again. Next time you do, don't be coy about it, straight up ask him out. Some guys (like me) like it when a woman shows initiative.
    Guys aren't necessarily the type to avoid women they aren't interested in. Some guys may do that, but by far not all do. He could just be trying to be polite. So you can't really tell by whether a guy says "hello" or not.

give it time, sounds like he's interested. Also he could be lazy, i am like to when i meet girls.

lilwing89 Guest
    i think you are worrying over something that requires no worrying.

just wait like...a month and if he doesnt call back hes definitely not interested.

You're right. I guess I'm just really interested in this particular guy...it's been a while since I've clicked so well with someone.

The only reason why I don't like always leaving it up to the guy to call, is because I know (as expressed by my male friends) that sometimes guys like to see the chick make the first move because it shows their interested. I guess I just don't want to make the first move if he's not interested.

Thanks guys...I guess I'll just have to wait this one out!

Stop the madness! What IS it with all this insecurity, false pride and fear of god only knows what which compels SOOO many people to play this bullshit waiting-on-who-calls-who-when crap?!

You're interested in someone? CONTACT them and let them know.
    Speak less. Say more.

I agree with whayward. If you would like to speak with this guy, I think you should call him up and talk to him. Regardless of whether it becomes a relationship or not.. you'd get to talk to him, and I'd assume that would make you happy. And in the process, you would get to know him better and see what your own feelings are.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

i don't know about this guy, he seems sort of i dont know dodgy, with his "cancelled trip" watch him lolz :/

Sorry; I doubt he's interested. But, if you like him, ask him out. then you should find out your answer.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]