+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im not sure what she wants me for

Im not sure what she wants me for

At the beginning of the summer of 2004 i went to Curfo with some of my friends and in short accidentally fell in love with one of them, who apparently felt it back and as a result we went out for about a year. But this summer we went Back to Grease alone together and when we got back she told me that she didnt want a long term thing for uni, and a couple of weeks later she was dating another guy. I was pretty devastated and basically all contact was lost between us.

Then on my 20th birthday 4 months later she gave me a telephone call and we got talking again, but this upset me quite allot because she hadnt sent anything and just calling is a bit of a sry effort, so in short i thought she no longer cared. I was also starting to get interested in another girl (although im not entily shore if its cos she reminds me of my ex). Sooo anyway i sent her an e-mail saying that it was probably best that we didnt speak to each other.

BUT about a month ago she started calling again, at 1st it was quite small things like that she had computer problems, but then she started saying that she had a small crush with a hall mate (she's at uni), which soon went on to that she wasnt happy in her relationship. Anyway she split up with her bf and said she really missed me and wasnt ruling at the possibility that we would get back together one day, because im the only guy who really understands her...

I told her that i would come round to see her (strictly as a friend), and told her that she needed to be alone for a while cos her relationships were going to mess her up. She called me back later and said she cant stand not being alone and said she was going to get back with her fella.

So in short i know to complex but my question is should i stay with her as a friend? She seems fairly alone at uni and i dont want her to hurt when i can help. But in the meantime im finding it hard to move on knowing that there might be something there and i think her 3 way split of emotions is holding her back.....

Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by Dan64
    Grease alone together
    I'm sorry, but when I saw this I could only think of Grease Lightning!

Do as your nature and character inform you without regard to how she might or might not respond, or to what you might have to go through to do that. It's about who you are and want to become. It's NOT about who someone else wants you to be or might want you to become.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 07-12-05 at 09:01 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

your ex is just acting immature like 90% of the other girls in college.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think your chances of forming a romantic attachment look pretty slim, so if you are finding it hard to move on, it is probably best you avoid contact with her, at least until you don't feel emotional about the situation. Keep your chin up. Things will improve in time.
    Last edited by vashti; 07-12-05 at 10:15 PM.

Not to be mean or anything.. but i think u should avoid her and just worry about u'r own things. It just seems to me she's using u like a bean bag throwing u around.. call u when ever she wants.. trys to play with u'r feelings when she gets dumped or breaks up with her bf.. she's just not worth being friends with. And did she even said happy b-day on u'r 20th b-day? She called u to make herself feel better and not asking how u'r doing and stuff like that.. she's just selfish. But in the end it's u'r choice to be friends with her right? not me

cheers all, just one of those complex times really. By the way she did ring to say happy birthday but its not the same as making the effort to actually send something. Shes a lovely girl but this isnt the time for her to be in a strong relationship. Just a fatal incompatibility i suppose

Dan, you can still be her friend, but you can't be her shoulder to cry on, especially with your mixed emotions. She sounds immature and not someone you want to get involved with emotionally at this point. She sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. But everyone goes through that stage, I think. So I don't think she's a bad person, but you need to take care of yourself first. Tell her that because of your mixed emotions, you can't be her friend now. A lot of people have gone through similar situations... you're not alone in feeling confused about this. Things will get better.