+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Problem, Please advice.

Dating Problem, Please advice.

Ok, this is kind of long but I would appreciate honest opinions from guys and girls.

I have been in a long distance relationship for a while now. Recently through an online game site, I met a girl that is a different state. We chatted as we played and I felt very comfortable with her. She has a boyfriend. I don't love her or anything. I just felt comfortable with some chit chat and exchanged phone numbers. Keep in mind that this girl is about 3000 miles from me and has a boyfriend. I don't have any romantic feelings for her at all. I just had fun chit chatting with her. We exchanged phone numbers within two days of chit chatting.

She left me a comment on myspace, where the woman I love saw it. I had not told her yet about this new friend. Not that I was trying to hide her, otherwise I would have deleted the myspace comment right away. But I just didn't get a chance. She found out that I gave my number to this new girlf. She absolutely freeked out for almost 4 days. I tried and tried and tried really hard to try to get her to understand that there is nothing there. She is just someone I am comfortable with chit chatting too, that she has a boyfriend. Yet she seemed so hung over that I gave my number out and would not forgive that. She went absolutely crazy and demanded that I delete that girl from myspace. Never speak, or chit chat or play any games with her.

I have to admit I am extremely not happy with that. Not that I have feelings for this new friend. She is just someone that I felt comfortable chit chatting with plus I thought my real relationship is strong enough to handle this new friend being part of my life. I just can't get myself to admit that I did anything wrong. I did not flirt or hit on this new girl neither did I have any intentions of that. She was a quickly made friend that I enjoyed regular chat with. Didn't think that giving her my phone number is such a no no. Can you please let me know if I was wrong giving out my number to someone I felt comfortable with as a friend and nothing else?????? I'd really appreciate some advice here. Thanks.

your gonna have a whole lot of explaining to do. you should have told your gf right off.

i don't think you did anything wrong at all. i meet some women through work and work functions...get a long well...find something in common...and we'll exchange numbers and agree to hang out sometime. the key to this is that if i sense even a HINT of non-platonic interest from her, then i find a way to very quickly insert into the converstation that i have a gf. and i disclose everything fully to my gf the next time we speak. my gf trusts me and try my best to make sure she never has a reason to ever doubt me.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    your gonna have a whole lot of explaining to do. you should have told your gf right off.

I did forget to mention that I did tell this new friend that I have a gf. Like I said I was not planning to hide her. her comments were publicly viewable by my gf. I don't think two days is a lot. I had a lot of other stuff on mind and we were talking so briefly those two days. By the way, I really think it is not right for my gf to make me choose. I hate that way. I don't care who this new friend is, just the concept of me or this person is dumb. I hate it.
    Last edited by Pharoh; 09-01-06 at 09:45 AM.

its no biggy , but your GF is making a big deal , seems like shes missing some trust there , what would you do if you were in her shoes ?

dont tell me something like , "well i would buy another pair so they would fit me"

Screw the long distance crap, get yourself a real girl and stop kissing your phone