+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feeling numb

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I don't think you need to burden your boyfriend with the ups and downs of your moods unless you are considering leaving him. Why does he need to be insecure because you are going through a phase?
    Yes, don't do this. It really isn't fair to him for you to be letting him know about this.

I think that I definitely have moods that come and go. Sometimes it may mean many other things, and good for you for considering other options before striking out at your boyfriend.

ie: you know what they say? We often hurt those that are closest to us.

So, if I'm having a bad day or general state of mine...I lump him into that category as well....even though it may not really have anything to do wtih him. But...because I am close to him...it seems natural to consider that he might be the problem! But, maybe it is that :
    - I haven't had enough sleep
    - I need more exercise (yay for positive endorphins)
    - Have I been eating properly
    - PMS.
    - The weather has been crappy often makes me sullen
    - not doing enough independent thinking / activities / inadvertendly (and usually subconsciously) placing blame on him for the difficulties I may be having making decisions
    - OR - maybe it is that the relationship needs a change? Have you had any forward motion? Discussed the future? If it feels like the relationship lacks a future that shows growth from where you're at now that may be an underlying issue (that's just might be mine! - I haven't figured out the solution yet - cuz I'm too afraid to talk about it!)
    - If you see each other every 2-3 weeks you may be developing more space and distance from each other that makes it more difficult to connect with him.

just some thoughts.

the reason why I told him was because he knew the second I felt down literally! He asked what was wrong, he was glad I told him as he thought if I hadnt he would have been more convinced I was going to end it because I was hiding things! Honesty is the best policy in my view, he knew what I was going through its not as if i was rubbing it in his face! We are ALWAYS honest with each other! I can tell him anything and vice versa thats why we are so strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12