+ Follow This Topic

Thread: His new GF looks like me.. what does that say?

His new GF looks like me.. what does that say?

My ex broke up with me a month ago, it was the right thing to do, however we're both at uni together, and share the same friends so its been really hard seeing each other with other people.

I took the kind step of going on dates out of his view and he never found out about it until last week when he asked me and i told him. However before he found out, he has taken the route of seeing this girl (who we both knew when we were in a relationship as she was going out with his best friend!)

I feel like everyone is laughing behind my back, as i was the last to find out that they were seeing each other. The strange thing is, this girl is a spitting image of me.. which i can't work out!? Everyone tells me that it means he can't get over me and he see's things in her that he saw in me but because our relationship wasn't perfect he seems to think that pursuing something with this girl will help? What do you guys think?

He seems to want to deliberately hurt me, because when i'm out in a nightclub he'll be all over her in front of me, and will tell me that they're seeing each other. but if anyone else asks it'll be that its not serious. I really dont know what to think, it was a really intense relationship and i don't want to even think of getting into a relationship right now but it takes him a month and he can!? Whats with that?

I think it has more to do with the fact that we are often attracted to a certain "type" of person.

Of all the guys I go for.......I fall the hardest for guys of the same type (generally speaking).

I think it is gross that he is all over her in front of you. Or in front of anyone for that matter. I think big displays like that in public are tacky.

i agree with clynn, my ex gf started dating this guy and when she was describing him to me she would say 'hes tall and skinny' JUST LIKE YOU 'likes the same exact type of music' THAT YOU DO . so she basically was dating my twin when i finally saw him. Its easier for someone to be with a person who can give them what they used to have and not be a drastic difference.

Maybe if you posted your pic it would help us out; I mean, let's say you're Asian, there are like half a billion girls that look like you.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

i think its just a case of a person tends to get attracted towards a certain sort of physical appeal most of the time, as mentioned above by someone else...it is not an indication of whethr he has gotten over you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    I think it has more to do with the fact that we are often attracted to a certain "type" of person.
    I agree, my "type" is hot.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If he's going to be all over that girl in front of you, you should try to stay away from him. You don't want him and the girl to be a constant reminder of your breakup.