+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having a big downer today. NC for 3 weeks strong...

Having a big downer today. NC for 3 weeks strong...

Just when I think I am finally getting past acceptance and into the healing process, I get a huge downer and go into depression mode. That's the type of day I am having today. My breakup was mutual and about 4 weeks ago. I have been actively going out, having a good time, and dating some girls here and there. Why do I still feel this way?

I know that I took a big part in the downward spiral of the relationship with my predominant character, but did I really deserve it this way? Me and my ex were like soulmates. Manufactured for one another. We had a peaceful and mutual breakup, then next thing I know is that she is as cold as ice, not wanting to talk with me anymore, wanting to just move on, and dating someone as early as a week after the breakup. I really really want to get this stage over with and move on but I can't help the seldom thought about everything we had that just pops in to my mind at random moments.

I have allot of new things in my life such as new car, new house, new gym routine, and this has helped me move on to a certain extent. However the lack of "that special someone" to share it all with creates a real bad emptiness inside. I really want to get over this ASAP. I don't even frequent the town where she lives anymore, for fear of seeing her and get that trembling effect that I got last time I saw her in public.

Please help me find the best way to get through this undieing emptiness!

CH

Quote Originally Posted by coldheart
    Me and my ex were like soulmates. Manufactured for one
    another.
    You need to stop thinking like that

Quote Originally Posted by coldheart
    I have allot of new things in my life such as new car, new house, new gym routine, and this has helped me move on to a certain extent.
    I hear you bro. The breakup that lead me to this board a year ago was the same for me, well except the gym. A new house, a New 78 Firebird (breakup hobby), etc but it just didnt seem to help.

Just stay strong and know time will heal all
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

King Zarathu Guest
    It sounds like you're hurt because it feels like she's moved on without you and that she doesn't miss you.

I'm in that very situation right now, except it's the other way around. I broke up with her (though it was mutual in the end) and she cries now because she thinks I don't miss her and that I've moved on without her.

You just gotta get over that stuff man, she's gone, baam. Finding another girlfriend to exert your affection on would probably help.

Also, let me ask you this: is it a contest between you two? Who can get over each other fastest? Is it a game of jealousy?

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    Also, let me ask you this: is it a contest between you two? Who can get over each other fastest? Is it a game of jealousy?
    Not even like that brotha. It's actually an inner battle I have with myself trying to accept that someone that was so in love with me can move on so fast. I am actively dating and seeing other girls, but not with a competitive purpose. I am just trying to help myself move on and continue to reassure my confidence.

CH

time heals all man face the facts you gave someone a piece of your heart - thats not going to change, you cant expect something like that to just go away. its only been 4 weeks

wow dude your feeling exactly the same as me.

my ex broke up with me a few weeks ago. and 2-3 days after we broke up she got another boyfriend. i was devistated to think someone who "loved" me so much could move on so fast, whilst i was still dragging bhind feelings all the shit hit the fan

now shes broked up with her bf a few days ago, and last nite we were on the phone until 1am. she told me she loved me and she missed bein with me, but didnt think it would work out.

i mite make a post about this later, coz its messin with me head. just need some time to put the jigsaw back together and understand where thingsare going