+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update on my ex-girlfriend

Update on my ex-girlfriend

Well, Here's what happened.

The night after my girlfriend was acting strangely we went out to dinner. She was completely and utterly miserable. Most of the time she just sat there staring at the table. I'd try talking to her and all I'd get was just an "mm hmm" or a really pissy "yes!". Of course, I asked her what was wrong and if theres anything I should know about how she's feeling. The answer: "NOTHING!".

We were driving home and she sent me a text message.. "I think we should just be friends now." We talked quite about this for a while, and she said that her main reason is she dosen't know what she wants in life now, and she's not ready for a serious (or any) relationship. Right now she says she views herself as a loser (she says that she dropped out of college after a semester and works at a convience store as a part of this) and she just really needs to focus now on getting that stuff straightened out with going back to school, she want to see more of her friends, and she misses being able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants without worrying about my schedule (I work 9 to 5, sometimes she has nights off). And we're remaining friends and we've told each other we're there for each other to help with each others problems, and that we both still love each other, and she says she hope this will all work out and we'll be together again soon.

Honsetly, I think this is a funk that she allowed to blow out of proportion by not talking to me as openly as she should have earlier. She seems to have a problem about talking about her emotions, and ever since we talked about this she's been herself, pretty happy and affectionate (allthough no kissing, we did cuddle a bit though), albeit sometimes talking to me crying because she's sad and lonely about this whole thing, as am I. I'm still not sure what to make of the situation though entirely, the last time i talked to her she was very sad and lonely, and I talked and joked around with her for 1 hour+ which seemed to make her feel alot better... then she started telling me about how her brother said "Hey I heard you two broke up last night... so how was he in bed today?"... and the conversation ended with "I still love you so much"... So I'm not sure what's going on. She still calls me everyday and we're going to a comedy show on saturday.

So I don't know. I guess I'll just let this go on and see what happens, if anyone has an opinion on this to share feel free.

you basically havent broken up. and this situation will probably screw with her head more.
    i dont know either of you so cant tell you what to do but if you are willing to hang on for her to sort herself out, be prepared to be messed around a bit. if your not willing to wait for her dont mess her up even more.