+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think she wants?

What do you think she wants?

Hi all,

My half year anniversary with my girlfriend is coming up in a month, and i've been wondering on what the ideal present is for her. In the past, she have told me that she has one dream present. I really want to get her that dream present without finding it out from her, for that will lose its magic. I had got some clues/information from her and here they are.

She has a "dream" engangement ring, and she says the dream gift is something really close to it. It isn't photo related and it's something any of her friends can give to her, but it's leaning towards something a couple will give to each other.

So far, i've come up with Promise rings as it is close/remotely like an engagement ring. Any ideas at all will be good, thank you all for reading.
    This is also my first post

Firstly welcome to the forums!, hope you have a fun stay here ^^, on regards to your question i think you may be right about the ring, but if she is a gold digger and you spend alot of money and she leaves you well. i dont know her im just warning you, but i hope it goes well!

Regards,

Lu

I think she's talking about an engagement...
    But I'm not sure offcoarse for I don't know your girlfriend and your relationship with her.
    But from the clues I think it's obvious...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    6 months? I think it is WAY too soon to be thinnking of buying her any kind of expensive gift, and if she is hinting around for one, I would be very careful.

"dream engagement ring"? Jeez, how old are you both?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

we're both 19, and she isn't a gold digger. she really insists on splitting the bill and if i count the money from the start to beginning, it is quite even on how much we both spent on each other (gifts, dates, etc). Even though our relationship right now is really serious, im sure it isnt as serious as an engagement.. so i dont really know. thanks for the replies though

King Zarathu Guest
    Ring-Pop ftw.

she doesn't want a ring, she wants a necklace or bracelet
    Visio Ego Est Visio Dei

King Zarathu Guest
    You would know.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have to agree that 6 months is far too soon to be going out and buying any "dream pre-enagagment/ engagement ring" for her.

Anyways, the only way your gonna find out which one she wants is by simply asking her. (Doesn't mean you have to run out and buy it RIGHT NOW!) I mean, how the heck are you gonna guess? Theres so many out there and what if you buy the wrong one? But if you do buy her something like this, I would do it more for an anniversary down the road. Say, maybe 2 yrs or more of dating or something. At least by then you will be further into the relationship and have a good idea if she is someone you can see yourself spending ALOT of money on or being with that seriously. The ring obviously symbolizes a commitment....and you have to be sure your ready to take it to the next level.

I would stick to buying her something more simple but elegant. Something not nearly as expensive. Like someone else suggested, a bracelet or a necklace. Maybe a pair of earrings. (And Im not talking about super expensive stuff.)

How much is this thing anyways? Or do you not know?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I don't think you should be buying her a dream gift for your six-month mark. The kind of people who do such things usually get teddy bears clutching pink hearts that say "I wuv you".

Get real. Take her out to dinner and tell her how happy you are to be with her. If she actually needs a present, it's too soon for serious jewelry.