+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Average healing times?

Average healing times?

Well, I am already at the stage where I have gained acceptance of the relationship being over, and I want to enter and exit the healing process. I am aware of how it feels to heal since I have healed 100% from my previous 2 relationships, and it's a good feeling. A feeling that you maintain the good memories, and forget about all the bad ones. A period where you no longer feel co-dependent on that person and you just wish the best in their life for their hapiness.

At this time it is very hard for me to accept that fact given that I am 4 weeks out of the breakup and my wounds are fairly still fresh. Mentally, I have prepared the road to recovery, but emotionally there is still a delay. My weeks consist of up & down days and sometimes it feels as if I take one step forward, and two steps back. Hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel will just begin to brighten more and more... Is there an average time where I should begin to feel healing effects, or is this time period different for every person?

For the record, it took about 6 months to fully heal from my previous relationships, although this last one seemed as the deepest one I ever had. Thanks to all that can help!

CH

You've already been through this a couple of times, you know! I think its different for everyone. The more committed you are to the relationship and the depth of feelings you carry for someone, I know it takes longer than a casual fling. You'll be fine, and knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel is better. Just keep moving forward!
    Goodluck
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Tone Guest
    You have 5 threads on the front page of the Dumping Forum.

We get it.

You got dumped.

You're sad.

Why does it need 5+ threads unless you've had the worse luck and been dumped 5 different times by 5 different girls in the past month?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Why does it need 5+ threads unless you've had the worse luck and been dumped 5 different times by 5 different girls in the past month?
    I guess that's just the way I am feeling... All over the freaken place...

Tone Guest
    Well, I hope the mods don't yell at you.

I didn't mean to be the jerk (or did I?) and hope you can find what you're lookin for. Keep your head up, man. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You have 5 threads on the front page of the Dumping Forum.

We get it.

You got dumped.

You're sad.

YES please try to keep all posts in one thread expecaiily if its all about the same thing.

BUT healing time varies depending on everyone. took me 3 to 4 months to get over my first love.

I still think the fact that you guys just broke up, just like that and didn't / haven't talked since is kinda strange.

Not wrong, not bad. But strange. And perhaps you might want that. I don't know.

All it takes is this simple formula to find out

9x^2+6x+1---times----3x+1

_____ = division, ignore the ----
    Where x = number of days you have dated
    Last edited by Lynx3; 11-04-06 at 09:54 AM.

hang on there!
    just know that you are not alone

There is no time calculations that can tell you how long it will take you.........We are al different

You here people getting over people in 6months? one year? psh 10 years....and Um I am at a year, and I am not close to getting over him, but the pain has subsided

you people who get over people that quick, believe me your lucky, were all different, so each individual takes a different amount of time to heal over someone..

I'm going to show you baby, that a woman can be tough

true, its very hard to let go of someone you really love n care. before i took me 2 years to get over my ex. i was so desperate i went on to online dating... ended up dating some1 from other country... saw her in itzamatch.com. were now dating almost a year and i hope she wont break my heart... we love each other though....