+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's in a name?

river is a cool name.

willow reminds me of that little dude in the movie, remember?

LOL, they're both girls- that sucks.

well he was cool!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    well he was cool!

Was he from SF? Maybe it's the same guy. You know there's GOT to be only 2 degrees of separation between you & I outside of forums.

Um. I've never dated someone with the same name as a previous partner. I think it would be a little weird anyway. But I've known people with the same names and their personalities are usually reasonably similar. I've never had good relationships with "Kate"s that's for sure. I've only ever met one person with my name and she was nice, I think that names hold a lot of meaning.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Was he from SF? Maybe it's the same guy. You know there's GOT to be only 2 degrees of separation between you & I outside of forums.

we're probably related or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Venacava View Post
    Um. I've never dated someone with the same name as a previous partner. I think it would be a little weird anyway. But I've known people with the same names and their personalities are usually reasonably similar. I've never had good relationships with "Kate"s that's for sure. I've only ever met one person with my name and she was nice, I think that names hold a lot of meaning.
    I've had problems with Kellys for my entire life. (Girl Kellys- I get along with boy Kellys just fine)
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 23-08-06 at 11:43 PM.

haha..
    I'd love to join in but I don't want to go tossing my friends names about on the internet. I know it probably doesn't matter, but it just wouldn't feel right. I don't think people's names make much difference to their personality except in special cases.
    I will however say that all the guys I have long running friendships with who I can think of now all have rather common names. One friend has the same name as my dad, so he is forever called by his last name, heh. .. oh yeah, I call my parents by their names, not dad and mom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12