+ Follow This Topic

Thread: golddigger...

golddigger...

My ex-b/f contacted me yesterday. I haven't heard from him for about a year. We had dated for 4 years. When I met him he hadn't worked since he was 20 (he was 30 when I met him) and never lived outside of his parents (he had won the lottery when he was 20 and got his parents and sisters out of debt and spent the rest).

He started talking serious about 6 months into it so I started urging him to get a job so he we could live together (I was living in and could only afford a studio apartment at the time). It took a good year and a half before he finally did. He wasn't used to the real world and working and got burnt out pretty quickly and started doing sporadic work for the FBI that rarely paid. He had promised he would help me pay for my apartment (which he was over almost every night) but never did. By the 4th year of dating I was really deflated and the dream of living together someday was looking more and more nonexistent. I would have GLADLY supported both of us if I could have but I don't make enough $.

I ended up meeting someone else around that time that had it more together... and made a lot more $. I didn't know he made a lot more $ when I met him though. I went on 2 dates with him but hadn't broken off with my b/f. Being the bad liar I am, my b/d guessed pretty quickly what was going on. He was devistated. He had accussed me early on in our realtionship of being a golddigger (he used to say when I would press him to get a job "My grandfather used to warn me about golddiggers" DUH! YOU DON"T HAVE ANY GOLD!!). When he found out about the new guy he said: "What's he going to buy you a house???" "I dont know we just started dating!" We didnt talk for 3 months. He finally called me one day and said he had gone out on 15 dates (he hadn't dated for 10 yrs when I met him!). He finally settled on a woman who owns her own very large house and said something like "I have everything to live for now. I have a huge house <some other things.. I forget now>.. and someone who loves me." I told him it sounded like HE was a golddigger. He was caught off guard and didn't really say much back.

He emailed me yesterday telling me how he's working at the same place she is now and things are going so well. Things didn't work out for me and the other guy and I feel like he's trying to rub it in and I am still angry he EVER referred to me as a gold digger and yet appears to be doing the exact thing himself!

I really want to say something jarring.. any ideas?
    Last edited by Crackerlove; 19-10-06 at 01:00 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    uhh... how about "I don't really care about you or your life anymore, so stop calling me".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

First of all, here's the rule about golddigging: You go for someone who MAKES a lot of money and you MARRY them, not move in with someone who already has money. That way, if they divorce you, you can get half what they've been making. Assets that they had before you met them are still theirs.

Amateurs.

Crackerlove are you just looking for ammunition to throw at him as revenge? isn't that a little childish at this late stage.

That reminds me of a quarrel between my friend and another guy one night down the boozer. They were slagging each other until the other guy ran out of things to task to him. He said ''I'll shut you up tomorrow nite''

Thought it was hilarious!...like he was going home to do his research on him and come up with something awful to say.
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Am I looking for ammo? I would like him to acknowledge that I was never trying to gold dig... and yet appears he is now. He's always blamed me for ruining the relationship but I think he was the one. He used to tell me I was a sell-out no matter what kind of job I took while he sat on his fat ass doing nothing all day!

Now he's with a sugar mommy and trying to rub it in my face!?!?!? Yeah I'm looking for ammo!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If the relationship is over, why do you care what he said way back when? It's time to move on.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Golddiggers.

Mmmm??? Every girl's a golddigger to some extent, can hardly blame them I guess. We live in a material world. Can't get far without money and it doesn't stretch very far these days.

More guys would go out with girls who earn less/nothing but I don't think many high earning gals would go out with a looser who sat around all day doing nothing.

Can't understand how he could call YOU a golddigger

Must be the coke talking

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only men I know who call women gold diggers are the ones who don't earn a decent living.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The only men I know who call women gold diggers are the ones who don't earn a decent living.
    My ex-father-in-law called me a golddigger. He also said that I would end up in a trailer park with another drunk, efficently insulting my ex-husband and myself very effectively in one sentence.

Lazy ass never worked a day in his life. Lives on his own daddy's money and disrespects anyone who actually does work. He's the only person I've ever known to use the term.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My ex-father-in-law called me a golddigger. He also said that I would end up in a trailer park with another drunk, efficently insulting my ex-husband and myself very effectively in one sentence.

Lazy ass never worked a day in his life. Lives on his own daddy's money and disrespects anyone who actually does work. He's the only person I've ever known to use the term.
    I actually don't know any female gold diggers. I have heard of female gold panners though up in Alaska.

Golddiggers/panners don't worry me. I'll just use the pre-nup as gift rap for the engagement ring.