+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Ironlifter Advice

Need Ironlifter Advice

Hey, this thread is for ironlifter. Pretty much a basic question. I got a buddy who's a pretty scrawny and dorky guy but he wants to build up and get more toned. He doesn't work out at all and is a lazy shit so when he said he wanted to work landscaping for the summer I knew I had to ask someone who knew what they were doing. What would you recommend he do to start out building some new muscles? Whenever you get around to it is cool. No rush. Thanks ahead of time man.
    Heit ist mein taug.

What are his specific goals? To build enough to make his job easier (strength and endurance) or to look better (hypertrophy)? If he’s scrawny now, and he starts working a manual labor job like landscaping, he’s going to have to be consuming some MASSIVE calories to pack on any real muscle. I’m assuming he is going to start working out with weights?

Assuming that he is, and going to be working said manual labor job, I’d probably start with a semi-powerlifting routine, concentrating on basic, compound movements, heavy weight (respective to his strength) and short sets with plenty of rest in between. Rest, adequate calorie consumption, and adequate recovery time will be his primary hurdles.

Hit me with some more info, and I’ll do my best to elaborate with specifics.

I think his only real goal I to look better because he used to be a really thin cross country runner and now he's gotten really lazy and doesnt do shit so he's developed some ponch and some nasty bitch-tits. He's not getting fat, but you can tell he's not doing anything all day every day. He's said he wants to start with weights but he didn't know what kind of regiment he should get on. Like how many times a week he should do it, how heavy of weights he should use, what kind of excercises he should do, what areas he should work on first. He has minimal muscle to start with so all areas need improvement. Is there any other kind of info you need?
    Heit ist mein taug.

( UM...I know this guy... nothing gunna help him... ) ... lol. j/k
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

sounds like me