+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Should I Do?????

What Should I Do?????

I think i am falling in love with one of my best friends and i don't know what i should do!!!! We have been really close for years but recently i have started to have feelings for her that i have never felt before.. The problem is that she has a boyfriend who is also a friend of mine, things havent been going very well between them recently but even if they broke up i don't know what i should do. Should i wait and see if they break up and then tell her how i feel? Or do i follow my heart and tell her how i feel now??? I believe that she has the same feelings for me as well but im scared that if i am wrong i will lose her. What Should I Do?????

Argh, this is a crappy situation which I know all too well, I've been on both ends (your side and the boyfriend's).

If you tell her how you feel now and she admits in feeling the same way there's a big chance of you losing your friend. I've had one of my best friends steal my girl 2 years ago... Still every time I see him I want to smash his face in even though they only lasted for 6 months.

If you tell and she doesn't feel the same way, I doubt you'll lose her. You said you've been close friends for years, if this is true than your relationship should withstand something like this. I've been in this situation too where I was in love with a close friend (yah, so young and I've already gone through more different love scenarios than some people do in a lifetime, heh :/ ) and the feeling wasn't mutual. We did talk about it and decided not letting these new feelings stand in the way of our relationship as friends.

Frankly, if I were in your situation I'd wait and see how their relationship is going. If they break up, tell the girl how you feel. But for the sake of your friend, wait a while. If everthing's going good again between the two, you can either tell the girl or not. I wouldn't tell her, for that might possibly destroy their relationship. And if you're any kind of a friend, you would NOT do that to your male friend.

I hope this helped a bit :/

Good luck

anachronistic Guest
    there are many threads of the same subject, if you ever want other advice. don't betray your friends for a girl. that is all i have to say.

and it might not work out, and you could lose the girl as a best friend.

Do not tell her now. Nobody can win in that situation. All you can do is wait. Hopefully, she's worth waiting for.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    (i am the angel sitting on your right and gigabitch is the devil sitting on your left)

is it worth risking the friendship you have?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    (i am the angel sitting on your right and gigabitch is the devil sitting on your left)

is it worth risking the friendship you have?
    Well, basically you two are saying the same. Don't tell it cause it will most likely ruin the friendship.

It's a tough situation you're in Scotty. Try to hang in there, keep it to yourself for a little while longer. This may be torturing, but in the end it might be the best. Try to set your mind on other girls, if there's one thing to get over a girl it's to fall in love with another one

If you respect your friend then you will be patient and let her issues be resolved first. Why? If they don't break up, then you will still have two friends (one that's a best friend). If they do break up, you will be there for your best friend, and who knows what might happen in the future? It's a win win situation IMO if you just let things be.

Oh and BTW, just be there for her if she comes to you with problems about her boyfriend; don't be selfish.