+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could She Be?

Could She Be?

Could my girlfriend be pregnant? She is on the shot currently and was when we had sex on January 30th. We used a condom but it broke. Since then yesterday we both have noticed that her breasts are swelling( she's should start somewhere around the 15th, but she said they never swell this much) and she has been peeing alot this last week which i don't know if that would be setting in already and she felt sick to her stomach all day, and she threw up this morning. We are both really worried because i'm 17 (18 sunday) and she will be 16 here in 2 weeks. Her mom is aware that we are having sex and that the condom broke.. When is the earliest that she can use a pregnancy test? I went out and bought her one. How worried should we be? Could it just be all mental that this is happening? Please Help! Thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess technically she *could* be pregnant, but it is very unlikely. The shot is 97% effective when taken consistantly, and combined with a condom (even a broken one), I'd say your chances are very low that she is pregnant.

Tender, swollen breasts are a common side effect of the shot (as well as pending menstruation), as are irregular menstrual cycles. The vomiting might be explained by stomach flu ('tis the season). Frequent urination is not usually a symptom of pregnancy until one is around 6 weeks pregnant.

If you want to be sure she isn't pregnant, there are home pregnancy tests you can buy that claim you can get accurate results right away, but the most accurate results are with the tests you take about a week after a period is due.

Keep up the double form of birth control, and good luck.
    Last edited by vashti; 10-02-07 at 01:16 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You are ****ed Tugger, your going to be a father. Damn, 17 and 16...we are going to have infants having sex soon.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Jesus, she's only 15. She's not grown up enough yet to know whether her breasts "never" do anything around her period. She could grow two cup sizes this year. She's still going through puberty.

THANK YOU for using birth control so responsibly. I wish more teenagers were like you.
    Spammer Spanker

how I hate pregnancy worries, but look at it this way, it is not the end of the world, even if she is pregnant she could get an abortion. I think it is pretty unlikely seeing as she's on the shot. Also, her mom knows how responsible you were being with birth control. Heh, if I got pregnant I'd have to tell my parents about me even having sex in the first place