+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just don't get it

I just don't get it

Recently I met a girl through craigslist. She lived about 1 1/2 hours away. We exchanged e-mails daily for a few days... she seemed very excited to meet me and invited me up for a concert last Thursday.
    Things went pretty well. She seemed very sweet, very beautiful, we had lots in common and she even seemed to like me. She invited me to spend the night. No sex was involved (I did not expect it) and we ended up cuddling most of the night. The next morning we got coffee and parted ways. She told me she would be in my town on Monday for a meeting and that she would call. I went about my own thing for the weekend and after Monday when she didn't call, I wrote her an e-mail asking how her weekend was.
    I still haven't received any kind of reply. Due to the frequency of our previous e-mails, I expected her to get back to me soon. She seemed interested and I truly expected something to materialize from this encounter.
    Even if she's not interested, doesn't she at least owe me the courtesy of letting me know that?
    Am I just being paranoid?
    Help me out ladies...

She may have got caught up in something with her own life. I say send another e-mail on Monday and just wait for her to respond. In the mean time find other girls to go out with. There is no point in waiting about the "telephone" waiting for her to "call" you.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    In the mean time find other girls to go out with. There is no point in waiting about the "telephone" waiting for her to "call" you.
    I'm actually not really the obsessive type. I'm not even really looking for a serious relationship right now. Maybe I'm just getting a little anxious because I actually found someone who sparks my interest. I've got a lot of my own stuff to keep me busy, but it's been kind of distracting because I've been thinking about her since we met.
    I actually have 2 girls right here in town who are interested in me, but I'm not really into them... not really my type (and yes, they are both attractive.) So, I'm not just "looking for someone to go out with."
    Thanks for the advice though... you really think I should try to get in contact with her again?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvSickStagger View Post
    Thanks for the advice though... you really think I should try to get in contact with her again?
    Like I said send another e-mail on Monday and see if she replies. There are lots of reasons why she has not responded yet.

You could send her another email. I advise you however to stop speculating the reasons why women do the things they do during initial encounters. The reasons may vary and it might just push your tolerance level. Also, she does not have any obligation in the least to send you anything in response. Courtesy or not it is out of her own volition and it might just be the way she ends immediate affairs. It is just a natural form of reaction for people if they want to evade people or problem which is to ignore it complete, however it isn't what I suggest anyone to actually do. Rather you should fact it straight on.

Goodluck with the rest of the ladies!
    Borealis
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.

Well, I decided I'm going to try calling her tomorrow. I don't want to come off as desperate... because I don't think I am... just can't stop thinking about her.
    What do I say?

I say right on. Stop feeling insecure in your mind about whether it is desperate or not because the more you conjure the thought the more it becomes prevalent in your mind. The more it becomes prevalent in your mind the more likely you are going to behave in that manner indirectly.

My father always told me to have a leather face. Although it is an idiom and probably does not translate best into English, it means you should not take all the negative or impression of negativeness so fatally. Just move keep moving forward until you feel its time to retreat because there is a battle much more worthwhile on the other side.

Goodluck,
    Borealis
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.