+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Screw it

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I would sooner stab myself in the eye with a fork than live in the south.
    Yes, yes you would. Although, we're nice people. Most of us (rather, them) are dumb as bricks. But we'd give you the shirt off our backs.

If we happened to be wearing one.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Way too humid for me, and as CAM pointed out, the food... everything is fried. I bet they'd deep-fry lettuce in the south.

I like the Southwest though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I will give the south one thing, biscuits and gravy done right is damn good.

anachronistic Guest
    i prefer midwest. as far as food goes, i cook my own.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Best food on the globe? Caribbean hands down. You don't know good eaten' til you've had picadillo and fried plantains. Not to mention croquetas. I pity you poor folks who have no idea what I'm talking about or who've only eaten the garbage they serve at restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    OH, SO-CAL??? I used to live there. San Diego and Newport Beach for 10 years. Generally, people are idiots. Phony beyond all belief. East Coast...its better. South...its better. West Coast (and I'm a West Coast resident) is loaded with phonies (men and women). Actually, if you want to know the truth...I'd move the **** out of the US. Love the country, but the people (particularly the younger women) are becoming increasingly whack.
    How the East or the South any better than the West? I love California as it is the only state that I can drive 30 to Newport Beach and swim in the ocean and in the winter time take a hour trip north to big bear and play in the snow. Plus the weather here kicks ass. And I know where the phony people are or how to avoid them. The last time I was in New England, the people where more up tight than over here and less helpful as well. And I would be an out cast real quick in the South being that I am an Atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    And I would be an out cast real quick in the South being that I am an Atheist.
    Ha, I'm more like a specimen. I have a LOT of Christian friends (Orthodox, even) and we get along fine, although at times they're just like, "Wow. Don't believe in a God, huh?"

But I really can't say much for the South. We DO have a lot of fried stuff, that's totally not how I make MY food. Biscuits and gravy DOES rock, thank you, Gribble (either white sausage gravy *shudder* or tomato gravy *double shudder*. So good).

The humidity WILL kill you if you're not used to it, and the joke here is, our mosquitoes are the state bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
    The humidity WILL kill you if you're not used to it, and the joke here is, our mosquitoes are the state bird.

Ha! That's funny. Broken glass is the state flower of New Mexico.

NM food is pretty addictive, but nothing beats Cali for availability of fresh ingredients. Grocery shopping there is amazing.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The humidity and the gnats. Don't forget those nasty suckers. They'll swarm your face and never leave so long as there's daylight.

I'd prefer to live in NYC in an apartment and have Greek food delivered every day. And, then on my vacation, travel through France, Italy, and Greece eating nothing but very good, very tasty food. All the walking would/does keep the weight off Anyway, that's part of my life's goals.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I'd prefer to live in NYC in an apartment and have Greek food delivered every day. And, then on my vacation, travel through France, Italy, and Greece eating nothing but very good, very tasty food. All the walking would/does keep the weight off Anyway, that's part of my life's goals.
    That sounds like fun (except France).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quel est le problème avec la France ?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, except that the Greeks and Italians will feed our stupid, fat American asses better.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No, except that the Greeks and Italians will feed our stupid, fat American asses better.
    Well France...because I have an American friend who lives there (equals "free room and board for a week").

btw, getting back onto the main topic of forgetting about a partner & becoming indulgent on work, I think that's just an excuse. Our lightbulbs aren't created in a day you know. It took Einstein 9999times to try that experiment out! So keep trying, you'll definitely find the right one before 30!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast