+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Didn't want to hijack Giga's thread any further

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You hold a conversation fine on here DoesntMatter. It sounds like you're just tensing up. Once you get some confidence up and learn to relax you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    You hold a conversation fine on here DoesntMatter. It sounds like you're just tensing up. Once you get some confidence up and learn to relax you'll be fine

That doesn't necessarily translate into the real world, though. In person, I'll bet we're all a bit different. Why, IRL, Charlie, you might even be charming.

I'm a lot more standoffish in person (stuck-up bitch that I am). Misombra isn't nearly the smartass out loud that she is online.

I'll bet zro is pretty much a great big volatile potty mouth, though.

Anyway, the whole "she's too good for you" thing reminded me of a funny story. When I was 18, I dated this boner named Eric for a few months. I was at a bonfire party with him one night when a guy I knew from school took me aside and explained to me that for me to be dating a bozo like that was upsetting the natural social order of the universe.

Just then, Eric went running by in the dark, drunk and hollering about something and it all came clear to me.

I was too good for him.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    i wonder what people think I sound like in person....

People aren't equal. Period. There are folks out there who are simply better than others.

And knowledge and intelligence are two very different things. Tests measure knowledge.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    People aren't equal. Period. There are folks out there who are simply better than others.

And knowledge and intelligence are two very different things. Tests measure knowledge.
    Yeah I guess you are right, some people are "better" than others. I change my mind.

Not all tests are just a measure of knowledge. Well, 98% of high school tests and probably many at a significant number of colleges just measure "knowledge". Maybe if your major is History or something, not putting that down in any way. But good tests are ones that want to see how well you understand what you are taught by making connections and solving problems unlike anything you've ever seen before, but integrating concepts you learned somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12