+ Follow This Topic

Thread: haunted by memories of ex

haunted by memories of ex

hi everyone

I wrote something here a while back in Septemeber when i got dumped and i dont think the problem's been sorted yet.

(this is the url please read it'll explain a lot about the kind of person my ex is and the past relationship [URL=http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=973 ]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=973 [/URL]).

I find it really strange how everyday somewhere my ex manages to pop into my head randomly. Be it by me being reminded of something that i relate to her or just randomly without explanation her name or face will appear in my head. It's kind of creepy in a way because i was over her ages ago (and i don't plan to get back together btw). It could be because the ending to our past relationship was a bit sad and her being shy meant we've never really spoken since.

Does anyone else get this though? I keep feeling i should get in contact one day and maybe that could her randomly coming into my head. I don't mean i want to forget her i just feel part of my mind STILL hasn't in a way let go yet, maybe it won't until i find another girlfriend.

What do you think?

I think that these memories haunt us for a VERY long time while we're single. But one day you'll see some girl or be talking to some girl and you WON'T be thinking about your ex. Then you'll ask her out, and start dating, and you'll find you will only have THAT girl haunting your mind while you're apart. And then weeks and weeks later, you'll realize, "Wow. I haven't thought about my ex in a REALLY long time. That was fun. But I can't WAIT to meet ______ tonight . . ."

Alexi

i feel the same way, mine comes into my dreams. i don't think about her when i'm awake but she pops in my head in my subconscious, i don't know what it means.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

I still have nights when I will wake up from a sleep in the middle of a night and turn over to hold her - and she's not there. Other times I would wake up kissing her - but she's not there. I dont think about her when I am awake most of the time - and I dont ever remember my dreams - Its just in the middle of the night the dreams will get so intense for me that I wake from them and for a few seconds I am still half dreaming and thats when I realize she is not there, but I was dreaming about her being there...

Its kinda depressing..

Another thing I do is call ppl her name. I have called just about everyone 'Destine'... Even my kids and my parents. I dont even think about her at all - it just comes out... There is one person I have not called that. Andira. When I am around her everything else just seems to go away. Even subconsciously...

But yeah - idk - I wish it would stop because its starting to kill me.

There are some things that will remind me of her - certain songs - certain clothes I wear - certain sayings - when I drive near the area that we lived...

I can't even listen to this 1 song at all anymore without crying - Hoobastank - The Reason. Thats the song I sang to her the day she left me. As I sang it she just walked out the door and out of my life for good.

Sometimes at night I will wake from a dream and just cry. I hardly ever cry anymore, but when I do cry it just flows. I will cry myself back to sleep.

The dreams happen less and less now - but they are more intense when they happen. My last dream I had I woke up and walked to the bathroom to go check on her because 'she had been in there a long time' - but she wasn't there... And when I snap to i just feel the worst feeling in the entire world. I cant explain it or even put it to words. It just hurts. Not physically at all, so I cant say its like a knife thru my heart or anything. Its deeper than that. It something that I never felt before this all happened. The feeling makes me want to puke it hurts so bad. Sometimes I get dry heaves because of it.

But yeah - this all happens less and less - but is getting more intense - I am down to about 1 dream every week. I haven't had a dream since Andira came back to town. But that was less than a week ago. So I am due for a dream with in the next few nights... Hopefully things have changed in these past 4 days since Andira is back. Maybe this is just going to make things worse for me - maybe i wont dream of Destine anymore - idk..

I will never take Destine back - I play by the rules of 'its over'. No more looking back. I do know one thing tho - its the only thing that can put a smile on my face while I am thinking of her. All I have to do is realize what is going to happen down the road - 6 months, maybe a year from now. maybe 2 years from now. But it is going to happen, and its going to make me feel sooo damn good when it happens....

She is going to realize what she lost. She is going to see me and my son and see just how good we have it. She is going to see me, and my new looks and think to herself 'why did I ever leave him?' She is going to see me with another woman and its going to drive her mad.

You should have seen her reaction when she found out I was out on a date with Andira Friday night. I wasnt there, but I heard about it. She stopped moving and froze in her place and just looked up at my dad (who told her) and repeated 'He went out on a date?!' then said all sarcastly 'well good for him, its about time he moved on'

But my dad told me he could tell it got to her. It felt good to know that. At least now I know she still feels pain. She deserves ALOT for what she did to me. Not really what, but how she did it. I dont wish anything bad on her because I beleive in Karma. But it does make me feel better to know she is jealous. lol

Anyways - i got a little carried away with this post.. Just me ranting a bit. Had to get all that off my chest. Felt good to do that too.

Yeah, the dreams are the worse, I'm having them more and more about her lately, and they keeping getting more and more intense. It so painful to wake up and realise its not real. My mind is set that this is the only way I will see her...but it sucks.

Sfalexi is right however.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Oh my god.. I love the song by Hoobastank - The reason..
    It's one of my songs that reminds me of me 'n' tom together..

I HATE it. i hate that song so much i want to ****ing kill something... damnit !! now its playing in my ****ing head. shit

Sorry... Really sorry..

nah - its ok now - I started thinking "I could kill a kitten!" and then that reminded me of Steven Lynch's 'Kill A Kitten' song and THAT started to play in my head and now I am laughing my ass off !

You have a head of a jukebox. Which is good.

lol - you should see how much music is on my computer ! Well, I used to have alot - but I crashed last Feb so I lost all of it and have started my collection over - Back before the crash I had over 25,000 mp3's right now I have about 5,000 mp3's

What can I say ? I LOVE music

I LOVE music too.. I don't think I can live without it. I don't think anyone can.. Music is everywhere just like LOVE..

Music is everywhere AND everything

*Nods in agreement*

Dang. This stupid thing won't let me post after every 30 seconds. LoL.. I think I type a bit too fast.. LoL..

~Argh.. Not again.. LoL.. I'm just addin' this extra bit until I can post it up.. LoL~