+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm SO over it... I think...

I'm SO over it... I think...

I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years last night. For some reason, I'm not as upset as i thought i'd be though. I just need space from him... I was so reliant on him and he was constantly letting me down. He works a lot and so do I, so when we get a free night (like last night) I expected him to want to hang out... well, nope. He went out with his friends instead. I normally don't care about these things, but he works day and night all next week so he knows we won't get to see each other for at least a week.

I feel like such an ass... always waiting for him and then getting let down. He does this all the time and it hurts. Last night was my breaking point though. We were thinking about buying a house together within the next few months, but last night, I pictured myself in a new house sitting home alone every night. I called him last night to tell him that I can't get hurt like this anymore and I needed space and time away from the relationship. He was mad but playing Madden with his friends, so acted all carefree. I should have waited until he was home.

I'm just confused that I'm doing the right thing. There are a lot of other issues I have in the relationship, some good and a lot bad. We fight a lot, but we're each other's worlds...at least I thought.

Am I overreacting? Wouldn't you be upset if someone you've been with for so long, who you relied on and consider to be your best friend, chooses video games over you?
    Stacy

Either he didn't take you seriously or he didn't care.

And you're feeling like you're over it because you processed most of the emotional stuff before you made the decision. Either that, or you didn't take yourself seriously either.
    Spammer Spanker

My advice.. be totally honest and upfront with him when he's alone. If you're each others worlds, tell him that you have a problem with the lack of contact. I vote don't pack it in until everything has been put out there as bluntly as possible.
    There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

hm.. i think i have read somewhere that boys will be boys.. they will still love to hang out with their friends (and sometimes, *instead of with his girl*). is it *really* true, guys out there?
    J.
    *loving the greys*

I hope you update this thread, FH, because I am kind of amazed he took it so casually. I want to know what happened later.
    Spammer Spanker