+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I have been enlightened...

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance

I think I have been enlightened...

Did I spell enlightened right?

Well, anyway... I feel enlightened. I'm a freshman this year, going to a private high school. My best friends brother's girlfriend is pregnant.

You have to understand, I know this is a frequent (wrong word, but more than hardly ever) occurance at some high schools, but this is really, really strange. My friends brother isn't a stupid guy. I respect him, and he is extremely intelligent. He's been dating this girl for a year, her names Morgan. Anyway, heres the story as far as I know.

I believe they were using a condom. They're both seniors this year.

She started on Birth Control soon after they had sex, so I think she thought her lack of periods was due to that. Anyway, about a week or so ago, some kids started gossiping about how they thought she was pregnant. Mr. Schantz, the high school director, had my friends brother and Morgan come into the office, and I believe he essentially convinced her to have a pregnancy test. It was positive.

The baby's due this January. She's Pro-Choice (I think), but she wants to have the kid. They're both going to go to college, I'm not sure if they will go to the same college, but both here, in Indiana (there are some good schools here, so it's not that horrible).

Long story short, I feel enlightened. I now realize... like I am conscious of the fact that my B on my World History test isn't the end of the world.

I feel really bad about this whole thing, though, of course, I didn't do anything. They're good people... both extremely intelligent, but sometimes bad luck happens to good people I guess.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thank god everyday I had enough brains to go on the pill BEFORE having sex, and have therefore managed to make it til the ripe old age of 27 without getting pregnant.

I really feel for teenagers or even young adults that are faced with this....it's not easy, no matter what anyone says.

And I know what you mean about feeling like your little problems are trivial next to that, because it's times I think "Shit, it sucks I don't have the money to buy that new whatever right now," I take a look at my little sister who has two kids and is worrying about feeding them everyday....and suddenly my problems seem stupid.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDwarf View Post
    The baby's due this January. She's Pro-Choice (I think), but she wants to have the kid.
    Well, having the kid IS a choice. Pro-choice is not pro-abortion.

Anyway, I hope they have a lot of familial support. Wow- I just imagined this kid going into 3rd grade and you're graduating college at that point, still friends with the family. Maybe he'll look up to you.

I feel for them. There are a lot of things they won't get to do, but then, there are a lot of things they will get to do that others will never understand.
    Spammer Spanker

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, having the kid IS a choice. Pro-choice is not pro-abortion.

Anyway, I hope they have a lot of familial support. Wow- I just imagined this kid going into 3rd grade and you're graduating college at that point, still friends with the family. Maybe he'll look up to you.

I feel for them. There are a lot of things they won't get to do, but then, there are a lot of things they will get to do that others will never understand.
    Ya, I know that it's a choice. I just said that because I believe everyone else in the equation is Pro-Life.

And they'll have all four Grandparents, so they should have enough familial support.

Then today... I looked a the girl I liked, and normally I have some small feeling of longing when I talk to her, but today, I just said no. It's just... I'm sure this is the first time anyone in the twenty years my high school has been around, that anyone has gotten pregnant. I'm just really reluctant to date anyone.

I saw the couple this morning in the student lounge. She has a small bump. They look so happy together... I just hope it lasts and doesn't end in disaster, but I feel they are highly-above average on the IQ scale of people who get pregnant in High School (not to offend anyone), so I hope they do fine.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.