+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what do i do

what do i do

Hi to everyone this is my first post
    I would be really thankful if anyone can take their time out read this and try to help me it would mean alot
    thank you

I first met my future girlfriend around 15 months ago. I never knew of her or her family. My dad knew her dad as they were both taxi drivers. The way i met her was that one day i had to drop something at her house. I thought nothing of it and all i knew was that i had to give my dads friend a tool he borrowed. When i knocked i met this beautiful girl who was his daughter. Nothing happened and all i thought was wow she is nice but that i was proberly never going to see her again. I thought nothing of it for ages untill what happened a year later. Her dad found out that i need a job and asked my dad if i wanted to work at the place she and her mum worked. How could i refuse i was going to meet this girl again. When i started there we got to know each other by going out for a drink and after 3 weeks admitted that we both liked each other and want to give it a go. We had so much in common as she never went out and was a family girl and i was the same. She was amazing. The only thing i wasnt happy about was that working together. Even though we was in different departments and only saw each other at lunch and at the end of the day i was not totally sure this is right. I knew it would be ok for a while but knew i had to do something about it later on. In the early days i found out that her family had big plans to move to spain and this was something i knew i would have to deal with. The only thing i thought was do i want to get involved with this girl knowing she could end up in spain. She told me that her house has been up for sale for such a long time that she didnt know what was happening and told me she wasnt sure if she wanted to go. This did make me feel better as i tried to think positive about it and had the thought that we will get to that bridge when we come to it. Over time i could see that she didnt want to go and she never really talked about it as i think she tried to act like it was a passing phase her mum and dad were going through. Her dad was a great guy to me but did seem to dominate the family with alot. It seemed as an outsider he thought he was right about everything. Even my dad said he was living in a bit of a dream world. Over the first couple of months me and my girlfriend grew so close that we were together so much. She told me that this was her first relationship and wanted to take it slow. I was happy as it was mine aswell. Still we done stuff all the time and the more i was with her the more i fell for her. I kinda got the same feeling from her even though i knew she was shy about some things and couldnt be as open as i was. I did tell her after 3 months that i was in love with her and she told me that she was getting that way. I was not unhappy that she did not feel the same as i was positive that she would in her own time. Over time i could see was opening up to me as she was showing her personality to me as she got bossy and it didnt worry me as i knew she a little like her dad. hey that is who she grew up with and at times she did speak to me like shit. I let it go as i saw past this and that she was a sweet natured girl at heart.
    During our time as a couple her family found out how good i was at golf and that i wanted to give it a serious go. I know that they thought i was stupid and so did my girlfriend. They didnt understand it and the only person who knew i was good enough was me. I told them that i was had the plan to leave work and get a part time job to support myself to give it a go. I told my girlfriend i wanted to be with her and that another reason i wanted to leave was that i didnt want an edge on our relationship with us being at work. She understood.
    After 4 months things started to go wrong. it had gone from her coming to my house and me going to hers everyday and spending our freetime together to 2 or 3 days a week and if had time for me. I had tried to question her on this and she said nothing was wrong. i knew she was hiding something and wouldnt tell me. It also went from us kissing in public and holding hands to not even getting a vibe of a couple. It wasnt me who didnt want to do things i was still so happy with her. It had gone from 50 50 relationship to a 90 10 relationship on my half.
    She said to me that she was going away with her friend for one week and that she said that she needed to get away from questions and i though ok maybe this is what she wants. I was walking up walls when she was gone and when i told her i missed her she strugged it off and i said she didnt miss me.
    i thought she was joking and later on i found out she meant it. I was really hurt and tried not to show it.
    I knew this was not her and something was on her mind. Now she was speaking to me like a double lump of shit and even blocked conversations making it difficult to be with her. Like i said before she is a girl who hides her emotions and has a barrier up. It felt like she did not want to be with me. I found out that they had found someone they was going to rent the house to and this meant that the familys plans for spain were underway. This only happened 4 weeks ago and i know that they said it will be at least 6 months before thay even try to move to spain. Now i was worried and i tried to find out how she was. She never told me what was going on and all she kept doing was dropping hints saying i am going to buy a laptop for when i go spain.
    She never could sit down and explain what she felt. I know that she hates the idea and that her dad and mum are so ruining her life. In fact it feels that they have been pulling the strings on our relationship for such a long time. For her to go is distraught for me and i know i am not going to not let her go. That is her family and i understand that. I can see what it is doing to her and she cant do nothing about it. The other day she kept saying to me that something is wrong with the relationship and i said i know. Now i thought she was going to be open with me and explain what she felt. She never and when i asked her if she is being off with me because of her going she said no and turned round and said that she does not feel nothing for me and ever since she came back of holiday she knew she didnt have the right feelings for me. Before the holiday though she was edgy and this started when she found out that spain was looking on for them. I know that she cares for me and that a girl who showed care for me a little while ago can go to acting like we were friends is so not right. Her family is not looking out for her and are acting like this means nothing to her.
    Now yesterday she said that she wanted to end it and i was in pieces and still am. She wrote in a text message she wants to be friends and i know that i cant be as i want more. After that she wrote that she wished that she could end up with me and have kids as i was the one she wanted. when i asked her what do you want with your life and why have your wrote you want me but dont have feelings she said she doesnt know what she wants. She said that she will get back to me and hasnt i am so frustrated as i know she wants me as what she just wrote has made it even more hard for me to give up. Should i get back to her as i think she would have got back to me by now. I cant give up with out finding out her true emotions. Am i chasing a rainbow that is not there.
    Thank you for your time

Well I havent read all you message but I think if you love her this much you shouldnt let her go. You should trust your emotions and try and get her back or you may end up regretting it in the future if you dont. She must really like you and you really like her. Your relationship sounds really special so dont give up on it. Good Luck

I guess I'm in a similar situation right now. I can't give you much help because I'm a wreck myself. My advice is to try to get over her and move on. I do not suggest waiting for her to get her life in order because if she decides that she is going to Spain and doesn't want to date you anymore, it will be like a second break up. If she decides that she does want to work things out, then she will see how mature you are. Keep doing things that you like to do. Go out and have fun. Golf until you can't golf no more :-)

What I'm saying is, you two are broken up. You can't help that, and waiting for her to come around will not help. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm not even saying that I can take my own advice. But hang in there, and give her the space she needs. She knows how much you care. It will speak volumes on how much you understand and love her if you let her make up her mind for sure.

You don't want her to go back to you unhappy or confused anyway.
    We can be heroes just for one day.