+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anyone else ever done this?

Anyone else ever done this?

Me and my ex broke up awhile back and now I have been talking to a girl I have known for awhile but we have always been friends. Anyways me and my ex were sexually active over our 2 year relationship. Now the girl I am talking to now has never had sex and is planning on waiting until she is married. We are both 19. I am afraid that if we started dating that since I have had sex before that I will want it again. I know she is going to wait and I don't want to end up hurting her or get her to do something she will regret. I hope you can understand what I am saying. Im just asking if you could go from a relationship involving sex to a new relationship without it? I do like her for more than just sexual reasons or I wouldn't even think about dating her. Im just worried about the sexual part of the relationship messing it up in the long run.

i think you should get to know her a little bit better before you even think about having sex with her..decide what you want from your relationship after that. and as for hurting her..you can't live worrying about that too much because people will get hurt in relationships..who knows she might just dump you in the long run (hypothetical)
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Yeh, you probably will want to have sex outside of the relationship. You're 19, after sometime you will probably want more experience. I guess you have to ask yourself if you are a strong enough man not to submit to your urges? take the cue from that answer.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well let me tell you my BF is going trough your situation! After a week of going out I told him, I was planning to stay a virgin until marriage, he was a little shocked, I got him off guard.

He told me he would wait, we've been going out for 9 months and he still tells me the same thing! That he can handle it!

Sometimes playing around I would tell him "If u ever want to get some" u'll have to leave me and find someone else" And he would say NO, I love you and care too much for you! I want You!

He's willing to wait, so I guess u are capable too. U just need to figure out how important this girl is for u. =) And be ready to hold ur urges!!!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

I will never understand waiting to have sex until after marriage..
    I am no loose gal either. Sex just kind of flows into the progression of the relationship.
    Dont get it.

Tedel Guest
    ^ The sex-after-marriage-only issue was established to help babies grow within a family of father and mother who love each other and not in an environment in which two stupid fellows were just too-horny and now they can't bear each other despite they have a child.
    Last edited by Tedel; 20-12-07 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    ^ The sex-after-marriage-only issue was established to help babies grow within a family of father and mother who love each other and not in an environment in which two stupid fellows were just too-horny and now they can't bear each other despite they have a child.
    Basically to give marriage a meaning. Gotcha.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But today we have several different forms of birth control. So long as you play it smart it's very unlikely you'll get a girl knocked up. So... there really isn't much of a point in holding out until after marriage.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

blazin -
    My best friend of several years started dating a guy over a year ago, and they're kind of in the same situation, but it's going very well. She's religious and dedicated to waiting for marriage, and he has been sexually active before. (He's 22 and she's 21.) She was really worried that their relationship wouldn't survive because he wouldn't be able to abstain, but he is wholeheartedly in support of it. Granted, they want to have sex eventually - when they get married - so this isn't just a sex-free relationship that's going to end sometime soon, but it can work.

Damn, I really need to find another one of these guys for myself.