+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I find it hard to approach her, help me please

I find it hard to approach her, help me please

Need some advice from both boys and girls. (Please, don't laugh at me, you don't know what I had to go through to post it)

I fell in love with a girl one and a half or 2 years ago, we are in the same class. (she is almost 19 and I'm almost 18)
    So, here is the problem, during those years we had never talked to each other, just some glances and few smiles. Also, I don't know if its her behavior but sometime she acts "silly", I mean, she jumps a bite when I'm around, does some foolish stuff, and some other things. I do not know what it exactly means, whether she likes me, or not, but I like when she does such stuff, and it raises a smile upon my face.

I've read some articles that woman doesn't bite, but still, I'm afraid of talking with her or asking her some thing. (from time to time I pass by her seat just to feel closer to her).
    I've to highlight that she is my first love, I can't stop thinking about her even for an instant, but the worst part, that this is our last year at school and I can't imagine to myself, that I won't see her again, it's quite difficult for me.

I'm the type of guys that not telling what they feel, which is why I tend to keep everything for me, and think how to handle it by myself, but this one I find it hard to deal with.

Should I try get on with her, and if so, how do I overcome my fear?, How do I start the conversations and hold it on the best/interesting way, or it better to give up and just wait.

------------
    P.S. sorry if I had some mistakes or it was hard to understand what was said above.

I know it's tough, but try and relax.

Many women have told me that when a fellow comes into a conversation intensely focused on "winning them over," he often gives off some creepy vibes.

As you are both in the same class, try something simple, such as starting a study group or joining oneor any other casual activity, and inviting her along.

From there, you can get an idea for how she communicates with you outside of class and have a chance to pick up on whether she's someone worth seeing again.

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSphinx View Post
    As you are both in the same class, try something simple, such as starting a study group or joining oneor any other casual activity, and inviting her along.
    Yeah, It would be nice,

but doesn't it weird?, that suddenly I ask her join, I mean, she knows and most of the class that I rather to work alone than with some classmets, and I'm afraid to get the NO answer, because than I'll became into a joke or something like that.

But thanks anyway, I'll try it next time when we got some class-works... I hope I won't screw it up...

What can you tell me about that scenario, on a break I was sitting on my desk and listening to my MP3, after some minutes she left the class and back with her friend (I don't know if call him 'boyfriend', because they aren't that close), and they start kissing a bit, and talking too close to each other, and sometimes she looked at me.
    I don't know what she was thinking, does she want me to be jealous or I just too naive, that every her move should mean to me something
    Last edited by TheSameOldStory; 08-03-08 at 12:17 PM.

um, first..make sure she's single. she's kissing some other guy, i think she's prolly taken? just..based on that.

now, when you've made sure she's single..do some subtle moves. talk to her casually and dont appear too umm..how would i call it... just..don't be creepy. lol. okay im not helping at all. haha.

just do the casual talks, nothing big.. then after some time try inviting her to do things with you, like grab a bite or have a cup of coffee or something. just be careful so you wont appear like them creepy types. -.-
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

maybe I've to kick his butt, I just kidding, but I'll think about that option...
    Amm, but here is the thing, when she is nearby, I get nervous, feel uncomfortable, can't look directly at her eyes( I can't look at women's eyes at all), my hands start to sweat, it's like a mechanism to keep me single :\

but I'll try your both suggestions, kalupe's and TheSphinx's.
    And, what do you say about becoming friend of her friends, you know, become her friend by indirectly way (or how you call it)

i call it sneaky! haha. well..be careful there because when you start being friends with her friends or maybe ask for some tips, the friend can just burst your bubble and just tell the girl what you're trying to do.. haha. it can be very embarassing for ya. xD

reminds me of this one time... lolz. ya you can do that i guess. just be casual so as not to appear too obvious
    "Life is a bitch, and then YOU die." -my neighbor

Yeah, I gotta be a bit careful about that...

wdzgm, he is not a friend of mine, we never talked, I hardly know him, and I'm cautious with it, 'cause I don't want her to know I like her, just not know, and as you said, come directly, he can tell her, and everything gone to hell (there is nothing to go, but yet..).

Dammit, it's harder than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kalupe View Post
    um, first..make sure she's single. she's kissing some other guy, i think she's prolly taken? just..based on that.
    If you follow this advice you will make the worst mistake of your life. The girl I liked started dating people for the sole purpose to kiss them RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I guess her retarded logic was to piss me off enough to finally do something about it. It back fired because like I said, it is retarded logic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSameOldStory View Post
    it's like a mechanism to keep me single :
    You know, I am a biologist and I don't ****ing get that one either.

Dammit, it's harder than I thought.
    Ok, I made the mistake of doing nothing in this situation. What you have to do is just be straight forward. When this chemistry exists between two people all the "game" and "testing" bullshit goes out the window and the best think you can do is really let her know how you feel. You can be subtle about it. Here, run next to her when you see her walking by herself and just say "hi, how is it going?" Her:"insert wtf ever" You:" Hey, I happen to notice you around and for some reason I can't stop thinking about you haha, isn't that silly? what do you think if we get to know each other better?" ...if she replies to this in some stupid manner or gets scared because it is to straight forward than **** her..she is weak, pathetic, and a fragile insecure little female creature. Now go, get her before this guy keeps smooching with her and you end up where I am....staring at a picture of her dreaming the "what if" dream.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-03-08 at 09:52 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Wow, what an advice..

Alright guys and girls, thanks for your advices, but I think it better to begin after we get the English test results, 'cause 85% or more of her test I gave my answers, so if she gets over 85, it's a good basis to start our relationship, if she fails, (and I hope she won't), so I'm an a**hole, and I "lost" her... .

BTW
    I'd like to address this question to girls, what would you think if a boy knows something "cool", I mean I want to teach myself Jumpstyle, nobody in the class or at school knows this, and dance in front of my friends when she is around... and also I'd like to make some muscles, what would you think?, "Wow, it's so cool, what a beautiful dance" or "what a jerk, just want to show off in front of the girls and his friends...".
    Last edited by TheSameOldStory; 09-03-08 at 01:54 PM.

"what a jerk, just want to show off in front of the girls and his friends...".
    i think this is the answer you will be hearing...

Imagine this senario,
    You just had a buffet, and your friend offer to treat you a nice meal.
    You will find that as not sincere and sarcasm.

You are very hungry, and your friend offer you a bread.
    You'll be thankful and feel very appreciated.

Try to relate.
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.