+ Follow This Topic

Thread: at the gym...

at the gym...

So there's this girl at the gym...

who is a lot like myself, i see her a few times a week, neither of us talk to anyone at the gym, we're both just doing our own thing at the gym for a few hours, then we leave.

She looks my age, pretty cute... the only problem is that I dont go to the gym to speak to women, or anyone for that matter... and have no clue how to just talk to a girl at the gym who is doing her own thing...

and what if she has a bf already? what would you feel if you had a bf, and some random guy at the gym started talking to you?

no clue what to do here... :x

Quote Originally Posted by afterhourz View Post
    and what if she has a bf already? what would you feel if you had a bf, and some random guy at the gym started talking to you?
    What would i feel? Nothing. I wouldn't exactly be upset, I'd just see it as a person talking to me. Talking to the opposite sex isn't cheating, and you're never going to get anywhere with that attitude because you can't always know whether someone is in a relationship until you dig further.

As for what you should do:
    start small. You don't have to ask her for dinner the first time you make any contact with her. Next session, smile at her in greeting or say hi, train in her vicinity, smile at her when you leave etc. This way she'll be aware of you and see you as a friendly person.

Next time, greet her again and perhaps ask her a few questions while she's having a drink etc, nothing too full on.

Each time it should be easier to interact with her, and while you're starting subtly you can guage her attitude towards you. If she's open and initiates anything (smiles, talks etc) then go for it. If she avoids eye contact or moves away to a different area, she could be really shy or unwilling to interact.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she "accidentally" drops a weight on your foot when you talk to her, she probably isn't interested in dating.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow. You've already given yourself three reasons NOT to approach her. How do you expect to get anywhere with you getting in your own way like that?
    Spammer Spanker