+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new digital art piece

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    I'd hate to have your dreams.

My dreams consist of ****ing fat chicks and waking up with the feeling that my friends never found out.
    haha i have a few of those every now and then, too.

on our senior trip, we went snow boarding and the same night, while i was sleeping i had 7 of those dreams where you're falling down a mountain, but on a damn snowboard. i hate those! i always wake up as i'm falling and i flinch!

anachronistic Guest
    thanks boobaa, after taking some college art courses, i now see the points you made in your crit, and i agree! during spring break i am going to redo this piece because it has a lot of potential.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 18-03-08 at 11:51 AM.

LostNotFound Guest
    in the book of secrets, mount rushmore was a government cover up.

and i love digital blasphemy pictures.

[url]http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/freegallery.shtml[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Reminds me of the Da Vinci code. But nevertheless, this piece of art was a portrayal of a dream I had; my castle on top of Mount Rushmore.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey, what ever happened to that forum photo that you were supposed to make?? anything, this picture looks as though it's from a game. not bad, not bad at all.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    hey, what ever happened to that forum photo that you were supposed to make?? anything, this picture looks as though it's from a game. not bad, not bad at all.

raverboy
    Haha, I remember vowing such a thing. But that is too bad. The original work is lost among all the other computer data of my old laptop.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I liked it LW; but wondered about your 'theme'. Most artwork that has really struck me has some kind of message or theme to it.

Why don't you make the castle into a shadowed mosque & the Mt Rushmore faces feathered into the sky staring down in dismay/astonishment while laser beams from the towers (painted in US colours) blast into the mosque.

Could be powerful or irreverent, depending.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I liked it LW; but wondered about your 'theme'. Most artwork that has really struck me has some kind of message or theme to it.

Why don't you make the castle into a shadowed mosque & the Mt Rushmore faces feathered into the sky staring down in dismay/astonishment while laser beams from the towers (painted in US colours) blast into the mosque.

Could be powerful or irreverent, depending.
    That's a good idea, Indie. This piece has so much potential that it allows for such things! We'll see how it ends up. If I ever get around to it (I would like to over spring break) I will finish it and post it back up.

anachronistic Guest
    well, i have done a lot of work on this today; i did some research on columns because i am thinking that my use of the same pillar in relation to perspective takes away from the piece with its repetition. the orientation of the capital (the top of the pillar) is nearly the only difference among them (apart from the light source) and i have all kinds of ideas running through my head with that. the bushes have to go, too, and in which case, if you have already noticed, i painted the just in front of the base of each column because i did a shitty job on the base, and it's all out of perspective and what not.

the more and more i think about it, the more i want to get rid of the photos altogether. they make for a great collage, and are wonderful for brainstorming, but when you stick with them, you're limited to the content within them. with that being said, i am thinking about making the mount rushmore into an even greater montage but putting the faces of such famous people as hendrix, einstein, dali, and then maybe an infamous person such as hitler, to throw in a bit of controversy. but i figured slapping random people that i admire together for a rushmore montage really wouldn't create any sort of theme to go along with the theme i would like to present (from now to the past)

i am going to throw that ugly excuse of a sillhouette of a castle and try to give it a third dimension. in order to do that though, i need to find a few decent reference photos to sketch about. before i do that though, i need to situate a permanent light source. i am thinking that just about the castle, between the castle and the pillar on the very left would be a good spot. as far as colors go, i am thinking morning autumn/spring. haven't decided which. maybe even summer, i do like that yellow green hue afterall. i would like to make the grass more realistic, i'm going to experiment a little, but if anyone knows any tips or methods, please share.

as far as skies go, i'm thinking something along the lines of sunset/sunrise with a mixture of atmospheric colors, transparent clouds and hints of blue in the upper righthand corner with stars faintly visible.

talk about a complete makeover eh? and then when i think i am done with all that, i am going to try to paint some creatures in there.

and holy shit! that's not all. i remember when i was first working on this, i remember being limited to the criteria of the contest. well, now that's over and i can have my way with it.

looking forward to some suggestions!
    Last edited by anachronistic; 18-03-08 at 11:56 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Post it up when your done, darlin. I like looking at art.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    So, I am thinking about making the faces of Rushmore some friends that have passed through my life. I think the theme that I want to show is how friends come and go, and I have this whole thing going through my mind, I posted a little bit on my website if you're up for an interesting read.

anachronistic Guest
    Haha, update on progress, with picture.

Questions, comments, suggestions.

I am far from finished, I've only spent about an hour and a half color this sucker in. Just getting some basic values in, I am not sure yet how I am going to do the grass, I am just giving graduation to it to depict where the light source is coming from before I give texture or anything to it. I don't like how the mountains are looking; it's the colors and the shapes... but that's what happens when you draw without a reference. The faces are still template-ish, I am not sure whose faces to use. Haha, frasbee, gigabitch, indie and illusional. Nah...

I have something special planned for the sky.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 21-09-08 at 06:29 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Theme?

_______
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12