+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is a self-conscious, low self-confidence guy ready for a relationship?

is a self-conscious, low self-confidence guy ready for a relationship?

There are girls out there that seem to like me. Sometimes it baffles me sometimes because i dont consider myself good-looking (i have acne, and a skinny body). And its not personality, considering i never talked to these girls ever before. But i am afraid to make a move on them even though i am 90% sure they like me [some of them smile at me, i catch some looking at me in class which by the way i feel is because theyre disgusted by my acne].

The reason for this is, and im sure i am not the only guy, i have no self-confidence. I am self-conscious about my acne (for others it could be something else) and to say it controls my whole day everyday would be an understatement. I would like to ask them out feeling they would say yes, but i look past them saying yes. How am i going to take them out to dinner? Ill be too self-conscious about the people around me, I will find it hard to make eye contact with her. This wont make for a good relationship if i have no confidence in myself. I keep waiting for my acne to go away, but its clear its going to be here for a while, maybe my whole life. I have to learn to adjust with this flaw. But how?

As the title states, should a guy with low self-confidence and low-self esteem be in a relationship?

"How can you expect someone else to love you if you don't love yourself?" sort of response coming up. Try to work on your perception of yourself before entering a relationship, because they require a keen knowledge of oneself, personal desires and the ability to communicate these, amongst other things.

Then again, if you put yourself out there and ask a few girls out, I'm sure this will boost your self-esteem a notch. Acne doesn't define a person. Neither does 'skinny'. My guy is, but man, is he a hottie. He doesn't have acne, however. I do. On my back. And that's OK.
    Point being, we all have what might be considered a "flaw" by someone else. People don't like perfection; they like harmony.
    The girls who see beyond your acne are probably the ones worth going out with. In some ways, things like that aren't really a curse, but a privilege.

Get yourself to the doctor and ask for antibiotics (they usually put you on a 3 month treatment). You don't want that turning into scar tissue.
    Last edited by AnotherPoster; 22-04-08 at 04:56 PM.

why don't you start out as just friends? go to movies and bowling, where people won't look at you.. but i think you're a lil paranoid. maybe go to the doctors to get some acne cream? it won't leave you with scars but its got steroids init.

hmm maybe a bit of foundation?

maybe go somewhere where there aren't that many people?

if the girl likes you, you don't have a problem. shes obviousl attracted to you.

and i too have acne on my back. =s
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How good we feel about how we look varies from day to day. Genuine self esteem comes from being proud of yourself for your accomplishments, and that is much more attractive than anything. It lasts longer and builds confidence, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?