+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help moving on!

Help moving on!

First let me say, Hello, I am new to the forum, it seems pretty cool here.

I have never felt so depressed and meaningless for such a long time. I have known my best friend (girl) for 2 years and last summer I gathered the courage to tell her how I felt about her. She basically told me she didn't feel the same way and that she loved me as her little brother (not that I am immature, just 2 years younger). She was however VERY understanding and we are still the greatest of friends, in fact we are like family.

But almost 10 months later, I still feel the exact same way. I just can't find any interest in other girls. It feels like I have dug a hole from which I can't get out of and I am drowing. I hate love--there is an oxymoron. This is the first time I have felt this strong about anyone and it turned out really bad.

What am I to do? Any replies are very welcomed.
    what is it in my pocketsses?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    to be honest, just be happy to have her friendship and cherish what you have. imagine life without it, and you'd be worst off. just be thank ful and you'll be able to move on. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yeah, there's really not much you can do... just enjoy the friendship and bear the pain until you finally meet someone. the only way to cure this ailment is to stop seeing her or talking to her. as cruel as that sounds, that's the crucial surgery you need to remove the tumor. otherwise it'll just keep eating at you and never go away...

I know exactly where you're coming from Merlin. When I was in this situation I just stuck with it and stayed her friend and eventually she found someone she loved. As much as I wanted to be with her I saw her happy and that didn't matter anymore. Then I myself found someone wonderful. If you are able to bear with the pain and realize that you can still love her without having to be together all will work out in the end.
    Heit ist mein taug.

sigh... I guess you are all right.
    what is it in my pocketsses?