+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is going on?

What is going on?

Ok, so me and the lady had one date. We were suspose to meet up yesterday but on Sunday night she IMed me and told me she was stuck at a friend house and couldn't get home. Ok 1.) She has a loving family that could give her a ride home 2.) I could've given her a ride home (she refused, and not the good kind either) and 3.) How can anyone get stuck when they're 30 minutes away from home? Today she wasn't in class. Now let back up a little. Before the first offical date I have ask her to hang out two times. She agreed to both of them. However, on the first one her dad came to town (her parents are divorced) and apparently her mom and step-dad gave her too much work. The second time shes gotten sick. Is it me or does all of this smell like fish? Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I'm just trying to protect myself from another hurtful relationship. Had one too many of those.

hey! i've been through that twice this year!!! you know what? those are all legitimate reasons that she's had. but i'm with you, i smell boo shit. but the thing is i always question why in the world would she say all those things, i mean if it were me, i'd find ANY way to do what i want if i really wanted to do so that bad. i think she's not interested and she's just trying to be nice or just trying to avoid you to avoid any confrontation. you can always ask her but then she'll feel on the spot and will get wishy washy too. who knows...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Ah maybe I should just take a break from the dating game. Getting tired and too old for this crap.

Think this way, if you were Brad Pitt, she would fly across the country to date you. All her reasons are BS, she is not interested. So dump her ASAP for your own good health.

If shes not intrested in me then why did she go out with me, why did she frenched me? I mean jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by MooneyPilot
    If shes not intrested in me then why did she go out with me, why did she frenched me? I mean jeez.
    She did not know you before well enough to decide. But after dating she's got scared to say face to face "I am not interested" so she is hiding...

*sigh* Thats it I'm taking a break from the dating game.

*sigh* Thats it I'm taking a break from the dating game.
    Just a quick reminder: if your car got a flat tire, you wont take a break from driving. Just the opposite - you'll fix the tire and drive as if nothing happened.
    Essentially driving and dating in this case are similar.

hmmm. So I should just forget about her and move on?

hmmm. So I should just forget about her and move on?
    MooneyPilot,

Quite likely what she did was her way to tell you she is not interested.
    If she is not interested it is no way in the world you'll get anything good out of this. So yea, better move on.