+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I have bad luck??

Do I have bad luck??

So, I don't know if any of you remember my first post. But I was struggling getting over someone who had dumped me. He didn't explain why but merely said he wasn't that happy and that he was leaving for a year to study abroad this fall and that he didn't think he could do a long distance relationship.

To continue from that, we took a long hiatus from talking and eventually he started initiating conversations, visiting me at work etc. I was confused on why he was doing this and asked him not to see me at work anymore because it hurt me. But he did anyways, which isn't any form of malicious reasoning because he is one of the nices most polite men i've ever met. I think maybe he just wnated to see me a few times before he left to do his internship in a different city and then study abroad for a year. But since then he's been e-mailing me while he's at work and we email each othe back and for a ridiculous amount of time everyday. He also calls me every now and then and we talk on the phone for about 30-40 min. When he rarely has access to internet at home we talk on AIM for hours. I'm not sure what this really means, I'm also not sure how I feel about it, I think slowly i'm realizing we are great friends and even if we can't be together just having him as my friend is so amazing.

On the other side of the story there was this guy I started working with this guy I starting having a minor crush on but I gave up on that because I knew that he's ALSO studying abroad next year and he's also 3 years older than me so I didnt' have enough confidence he could like someone this much younger. But after 3 months he told me last night that he does like me...and likes spending time with me. He kissed me and said he just wants to be honest and that he really likes me and thinks i'm cute and has been attracted to be since he first gave me this application at our workplace but that he can't promise me any form of solid relationship because he's leaving in a few months.

Is there any positive way of looking at anything in my situations? I'm starting to think I just have bad luck

Tedel Guest
    More than bad luck, I'd say you know too few guys.

That is to say, from 3000000000 men, you think you have bad luck just because of 2? Enough said.

You should go somewhere to study too....just kidding! Well, I don't think it is bad luck I think it's a BIG coincidence and that's it. But hey, if a man is calling you, texting you, and even though he knows he is leaving and he keeps looking forward to see you or talk to you is because he is interested on you, use your woman skills to keep him attracted to you and if the relationship keeps going on well... well it worked, and if it doesn't at least you know men get attracted to you which means you are pretty and special and there will be somebody else out there waiting for someone like you...Well good luck. Believe me, I understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    More than bad luck, I'd say you know too few guys.

That is to say, from 3000000000 men, you think you have bad luck just because of 2? Enough said.
    I don't see how two examples necessarily means that she doesn't know a lot of guys. Some people (including me) know plenty of people of the opposite gender, but instead of hitting at anyone who's semi-decent can be selective/need to "click" together.

Had my experiences in how spreading to completely different parts of the world, I've even made choices several months in advance not to get involved with whomever I've been interested in if I know that I will end up elsewhere after finishing the studies. Can't bend the future much in those cases.

Only positive thing about it is that both guys are reasonable enough not to engage in a relationship with you in this case, over here there are girls who look for new boyfriends despite already having ones in their home countries, it's not easy to manage such a relationship without a fair bit of sacrifice.

Perhaps widen your horizon on the guy front, and if a year passes by without finding someone you got another shot when they return, right?