+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone else here hate Canadian truckers?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I don't have a problem with using guns to hunt for food. I grew up around fishing & deer hunting. Trouble is, humans don't eat the other humans they catch. If they did, it would all be good.
    Ahahahahaha, that made me laugh

I hate resorting to violence... most cases where guns are used for self defense against other humans, they were just being lazy. They think that as a human, they are entitled to not having to deal with shit. If people are interested in self defense, why don't they just fire bean bag rounds, instead of hollow points?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    They allow NFA weapons which means I'll be able to legally own all the automatic weapons I want, submachine guns, machine guns, automatic assault rifles and automatic pistols.
    Wait, wait, wait...you can own these types of weapons in Florida, legally, and easily?

Oh, you still have to jump through all the documentation with local authorities everywhere, but is there anything different in FL than other states regarding this?
    Last edited by Aegis; 01-08-08 at 07:36 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Wait, wait, wait...you can own these types of weapons in Florida, legally, and easily?

Oh, you still have to jump through all the documentation with local authorities everywhere, but is there anything different in FL than other states regarding this?
    I'm going to have to look up the laws in Rochester, DM. As far as I am know, it is illegal to have any ballistic knives, or weaponry with firing modes greater than single shot; i.e. 3 round burst, mag discharge, fully auto. However semiauto is legal.

I'm surprised you are legally able to possess such weaponry; here in South Dakota, which is one of the most lenient states in the US on gun control, those are the limits.

And what the hell do you need fully auto for? lol, if you're good with your gun and you practice at the firing range, then fully auto is nothing more than a waste; you should be able to hit your target with one bullet.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post

To buy an automatic weapon, silencer, or short-barreled rifle it first needs to be legal in your state. If it is, you can go to any Class III dealer (the designation for a class of firearms) and fill out the necessary paperwork, as well as pay a stamp tax from the ATF. The reason more people don't do this is because machine guns are made prohibitively expensive BY the ATF, so that something like a fullsize Uzi will cost around $6,000 to purchase legally

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I'm going to have to look up the laws in Rochester, DM. As far as I am know, it is illegal to have any ballistic knives, or weaponry with firing modes greater than single shot; i.e. 3 round burst, mag discharge, fully auto. However semiauto is legal.

I'm surprised you are legally able to possess such weaponry; here in South Dakota, which is one of the most lenient states in the US on gun control, those are the limits.

And what the hell do you need fully auto for? lol, if you're good with your gun and you practice at the firing range, then fully auto is nothing more than a waste; you should be able to hit your target with one bullet.
    They are illegal in Rochester and all of New York State. They are NOT illegal in Florida which I mentioned as a benefit to living there. The 2 guns I own, a .22 and an AK47, are both semiautomatic, the AK47 is of the WASR-10 variety

I don't need a full auto, it would basically just be a toy for me. The first automatic gun I get (assuming I do end up in an NFA state) will be a mini-Uzi hopefully

I'll have to go with the standard colt M4...just 'cause. Never felt any draw to those machine-pistol-types, but I get a hard-on for full-sized automatic rifles. I want to go west, somewhere near a coast, but I'm fairly certain nothing is legal in California, so that kinda limits my options.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    California is THE worst state to buy a firearm legally in, but I thought you lived in Michigan...

Vermont, in contrast, has about the loosest gun control laws in existence

I do live in MI; I'd mentioned I want to head out west at some point. I feel like transporting them across state borders entails a hell of a lot of jumping through hoops.

DM, you know I love you, but I seriously suggest you keep your gun lust to yourself if you are chatting up girls. It's kind of scary.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A beanbag round isn't necessarily going to stop an invader. Sure, it's fine for the police to use one. On an individual who is not an imminent threat, and with a few buddies standing by with sidearms at the ready. Tasers are also terrible weapons. You get one shot and it can be thwarted by an extra layer of clothes. A beanbag shotgun is better for self-defense. Mainly because the shotgun makes for a good club. Less than lethal weapons are generally less than ideal.
    Last edited by Gribble; 01-08-08 at 12:31 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345