Quote Originally Posted by Screwed_Guy
So are you trying to say that we should all become assholes? At this point I'm very close to saying that if I wanna get ahead in life, it's my only option. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.
I'd say that this is about true. It's why I hate this damned world. I've found out that it would be easy to 'succeed' if I was just an asshole to everybody. But do you really succeed? No. You get everything you want, supposedly... but it's all fake. I'd get some girlfriend who would like me because of the way I ACT, not how I am. My friends would probably be assholes just like me. It's not what I want.

Although I know it is much easier to just be another asshole, I refuse to be one. It goes against my nature. I can't be an asshole to someone unless they provoke me. Why do nice guys never seem to get women? I think it is because people attract other people who are like them (as friends to the same sex, as potential significant others or friends to the opposite sex). I think that the mean people out there have somebody because, honestly, most people ARE mean. Most people are only looking out for themselves. It's possible for a nice guy to find a great girl, but the odds are a lot lower. That's probably because there are few good people out there- male or female. Sure, it's easy to become like everybody else. But do you want to be like everyone else? Considering human nature, I think I'd prefer trying to go against the flow. I won't change myself at the whims of society.