View Poll Results: Would you seek a sex companion if spouse is forever severely disabled/incapable

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 26.92%
  • no

13 50.00%
  • undecided

6 23.08%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Is it 'okay' to seek a sex partner if spouse is forever severely disabled/incapable

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I think polygamous marriages and homosexual marriages should be legal.
    If this were applied, the handsome guys would have plenty of wives and the ugly ones none.
    EDIT: Same for the rich and poor ones.
    Last edited by Tedel; 09-08-08 at 06:20 AM.

You're right. The way I've described it, though, I think is very correct.

By vengeful force, I mean, people think that karma is a force in nature that acts on wrong-doing. I.E. If I kill you, someone will come kill me... or something like that. Karma's not like that. It's just the idea that everybody suffers. It implies that there is no balance, or symmetry in things.

What do you think? Do you really think that something bad is going to happen to you for everything you do wrong?
    I am not familar with your definition of karma at all. I define karma as a consequence in your actions whether it's a good consequence or bad one.

Edwards consequence is that anyone watching him in the media right now know that he cheated on his wife. To his wife he got bad karma. I am sure he must be embarrassed and realize it was not worth the act...but he didn't until now.

Karma is not a vengeful force...but some people may define it that way.

Tedel Guest
    Well, as a Catholic, I must admit I am 100% against abortion, even in rape cases. What I think that has happened in the last decades is that our western capitalist societies have become way too full of... rights.

Now I have the right to do everything I want, and if I don't have the right to do something, soon a congress will give me that right again. You know what's the problem? The problem is that today anybody talks about duties, so with so many rights, ultimately people don't know what to do and end up doing whatever.

Sure, I'm not against rights, but I must admit I would love to teach my children that:

+ they must do their best in everything they do
    + they must walk in the streets chin up, because it is my surname what they carry
    + they must treat people respectfully and say 'thank you'
    + they must denounce what is wrong...

Oh, those times...

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That's why I only pose serious personal inquiries in the hidden forum, away from all the idiots that don't know jack shit about me.
    OOO where's the hidden forum? I want an invitation. Are were you being facetious?

there's different levels of secret.

there's the secret forum.

then there's the secret-secret forum.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    there's different levels of secret.

there's the secret forum.

then there's the secret-secret forum.
    Damn it The requirements are probably too unattainable for little me to qualify for such a prestigious membership.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    If this were applied, the handsome guys would have plenty of wives and the ugly ones none.
    EDIT: Same for the rich and poor ones.
    I disagree. How do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I am not familar with your definition of karma at all. I define karma as a consequence in your actions whether it's a good consequence or bad one.

Edwards consequence is that anyone watching him in the media right now know that he cheated on his wife. To his wife he got bad karma. I am sure he must be embarrassed and realize it was not worth the act...but he didn't until now.

Karma is not a vengeful force...but some people may define it that way.
    I don't think karma is just another word for consequence. But then again, I don't really follow with what anyone else says about it.

And I am sick of hearing about the damn secret forum. You 'superior' members sure seem to brag about it a lot. Why do you need to mention it all the time if it's so secret? So what, you are too shy to be personal in public. Many people are like that. So what, you like to babble about all the forum idiots and lalala. So what?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Damn it The requirements are probably too unattainable for little me to qualify for such a prestigious membership.
    Hey don't worry. I've been here for about 3 years, and I haven't been invited to their exclusive little conspiracy either. I am sure we are missing out on nothing.

about the john edwards thing. his wife wasn't severely disabled/incapacitated.

he's just a mf'ing dog. worse than a dog.

anachronistic Guest
    no not a dog. he's a chum bucket.

it would suck to know that you have a terminal illness, your days are numbered, and one of your last memories is your husband having an affair.

i'd take him to his grave along with me.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's just a dirty lawyer that made his fortune suing people for stupid shit. Is that the kind of guy we want running the country? A sleazy lawyer? No

I also would not have trusted him on account of my belief that you can never trust a man who always has his hair as "nice" as his. It always raises red flags to me

You're right. The way I've described it, though, I think is very correct.

By vengeful force, I mean, people think that karma is a force in nature that acts on wrong-doing. I.E. If I kill you, someone will come kill me... or something like that. Karma's not like that. It's just the idea that everybody suffers. It implies that there is no balance, or symmetry in things.

What do you think? Do you really think that something bad is going to happen to you for everything you do wrong?
    Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म kárma (help·info), kárman- "act, action, performance"[1]; Pali: kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called saṃsāra) originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma[/url]

In which case Karma is a universal count kept of everything you do, which in some day and at some point in time will activate and balance out all of your previous actions be they right or wrong.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म kárma (help·info), kárman- "act, action, performance"[1]; Pali: kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called saṃsāra) originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma[/url]

In which case Karma is a universal count kept of everything you do, which in some day and at some point in time will activate and balance out all of your previous actions be they right or wrong.
    I followed those traditions for a while. But now that's not the way I see it anymore.

God damn, I am allowed to have my own definition of karma, and my own philosophy on it.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 09-08-08 at 08:04 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, Mish, the way it was explained to me (by a Theravada monk) is that the ultimate goal is to have NO karma, good or bad. Karma is a consequence of *attachment*, so even tons of GOOD karma doesn't lead to enlightenment. Its not the same concept as sin, which does keep a balance check. The ultimate goal is to eliminate attachment and, as a consequence, karma.

Or so it was explained to me. Just an FYI, I don't necessarily believe in this stuff.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast