+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I "psycho"?

Am I "psycho"?

Alright. Well my ex girlfriend told me she didnt have feelings for me anymore. And well I just couldnt let it go. I kept persisting and insisting that there should still be something there and that we should try to work things out. I pretty much threw my pride out the window. I cried... I begged... N the such. And yea... I really did like this girl. She kept telling me to just move on and leave her alone. And yea. I knew I should have just let it go and moved on but see I really liked her and its really hard for me. I dont deal with heartbreak easily. So am I "psycho" for not just letting it go and leaving it alone? Oh and by the way. Its not like I was calling everysecond and messenging her alot. I would just call like once a day and we would normally talk but I kept bringing it up.... so yea.
    She told me I had issues. Maybe I do... I guess I can get clingy. Can you help me define clingy and obsessive? Thank you very much. (Honestly what I think is that im just a big pussy that cant handle heartbreak. Thats all...)

I think you're not a psycho. You just fell for someone hard and weren't able to let it go. You fought for your love. That's maybe even positive, depending from a point of view.

Not psycho, but clingy yeh. And you're not alone.

Well, what it comes down to is self esteem and self worth, you need to love yourself enough to let go if things aren't working out. Bear in mind that no relationship is permanent, either via problems or when we die we eventually let go. Be in relationship for love and to solve problems for as long as there is the will to do so, but if that will is gone and your partner wants to leave, let them go.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Sometimes emotions get the best of us in the heat of the moment, ese. It doesn't mean we're psycho. Just human.

I'm curious how long he had been begging. It could be a normal reaction if it was over the course of a day or two, but it'd be a little weird if it was a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I'm curious how long he had been begging. It could be a normal reaction if it was over the course of a day or two, but it'd be a little weird if it was a couple of weeks.
    Uhm I only begged for a few days. Not weeks...

Well thank you very much everyone that replied. I feel better now knowing im not psycho. She sure made me feel like it... I just now need to work on me being clingy. I need to learn when to let go and to give space and all that. But thank you very much =]. I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by EsePelon View Post
    Well thank you very much everyone that replied. I feel better now knowing im not psycho. She sure made me feel like it... I just now need to work on me being clingy. I need to learn when to let go and to give space and all that. But thank you very much =]. I appreciate it
    For the record, a woman is more likely to want you back if you can let go right after the break up then if you try to convince her to stay with you again. She'll wonder why you aren't so heartbroken and what you're thinking... even if she's glad you are broken up, her ego will want to know why you aren't hurt by it.

^True.

Rejection is the greatest aphrodisiac.

[url]http://www.answers.com/topic/psychosis[/url]

Description

Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal, subjective experience from the reality of the external world. They experience hallucinations and/or delusions that they believe are real (otherwise known as false beliefs), and may behave and communicate in an inappropriate and incoherent fashion.

I don't know... maybe you suffered from temporary psychosis? Your behaviors did in fact match the description above. I seriously doubt you'd be diagnosed as psychotic, but in any case, perhaps you would benefit from some individual therapy. Men who won't take no for an answer can be quite scary.
    Last edited by shh!; 03-08-08 at 03:55 AM.

no you are not

I don't think you are psycho. Everyone takes breakups differently. She could've been falling out of love with you for a while and maybe that's why it's easier for her. As much as it would kill you to do, I think you should avoid all contact with her. The first day will be the hardest, but it gets easier after that.

wow. i was just like you few days ago. i was deeply crazy over someone after the break up of two years because i couldn't stand how someone could be so heartless to let everything go like that by saying "no more feeling". until i found out he actually cheated on me but he didn't tell me the reason in beginning. and i finally move on with my life, heeh. i hope one day you would find out why did that to you.

because it feels good when you finally know the truth. cheer up!

No you're not a psycho.. you are just in love.Once I almost did the same thing ,as you after the break up, meaning calling,begging etc...if my friend didn't take my phone from me for about 2 days.Then we went for a nice vacation where i almost forgot abt what happened. Now that I think of it.. I'm just gratefull to my friends for saving me from that embarassment and humiliation which i was willing to put myself through hoping to get him back.lol I saw him recently on the street, he was staring at me and checking out my tanned body haha I don't know why i liked him at all. My advice is to stop calling and go for vacation if you can. Trust me one day she might want to get u back like it happened w me but you won't want her anymore!