+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Slavic Thread!

anachronistic Guest

The Slavic Thread!

This thread is for anyone interested in Slavic languages, does not matter which one. Feel free to post a message out there to see if anyone can understand. I don't care what you talk about.

For starters, I learned the Russian alphabet last summer. I haven't tried to learn anything since today. So I kind of had to relearn the alphabet well just the letters that didn't stick in my brain. Right now I am learning pronouns and verb conjugation. I am wondering if anybody knows of any wonderful tutorials on syntax? Or maybe describe the syntax? Otherwise I am going to end up using German syntax with trial and error.

Russian will be my third language. English is my primary, and German is kind of secondary... but I have studied it so much that I begin to think in a mix of English/German. If you have any tips for someone who is becoming trilingual, fire away. I am a bit worried about mixing up my German and Russian.

Писаёте теперь!
    (god... it seems like I am never going to get used to a Russian keyboard...)

I've already established that CityCat and Mish and I can somewhat understand each other.