+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: please help me

People divorce because it is the norm now. Age really doesn't matter. Some people are serious about staying married but then others may f*** it up by cheating after 30 years of marriage.

1. divorce is seen as the norm
    2. cheating is almost the 'norm' which may increase the divorce rate no matter the age of marriage.
    3. no life experience, change, or growth (of you, partner, or both)

***marrying incompatiable, low moral, disrespectful, unfaithful, uncommitted, unsupportive partner.***

You have to know who you are really marrying and they have to know you. Understand that people change for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I think that people are "falling" for each other and getting married too quickly regardless of age. I know of someone in my nursing program that met a guy online in May, get engaged in June, and got married in July. She's probably in her 40s. Is that more acceptable than this guy getting married to a girl he's dated for nearly 3 years even though he's only 21?
    There is nothing wrong with any of the above. We are merely stating the statistics. But they are only statistics....defy them.

If I told you that you had pancreatic cancer would you be upset when I show the 2 year survival stats?
    Last edited by lesa; 14-08-08 at 09:19 AM.

You still haven't shown me the stats that disprove my theory that people don't divorce at a higher rate in their 30s and 40s because of undesirability.
    I don't chase, I replace.

You still haven't shown me the stats that disprove my theory that people don't divorce at a higher rate in their 30s and 40s because of undesirability.
    WTH??? lol

I just said that I would be curious as well. You are fussing at the person who merely looked up some random websites for some non-conclusive stats. You can do the same.

If you make this claim, it is up to YOU to provide the stats. Besides, what is "desireable" depends on your age and maturity level.

I don't give a shit about stats, honestly. They can be molded to fit whatever argument someone wants to put out.

If someone is 21 and wants to get married, so what? If they make the mistake and get divorced, so what? It's their life and they need to learn from their mistakes anyways.

I don't give a shit about stats, honestly. They can be molded to fit whatever argument someone wants to put out.

If someone is 21 and wants to get married, so what? If they make the mistake and get divorced, so what? It's their life and they need to learn from their mistakes anyways.
    I see that you have a very interesting temperament. That may conflict with marriage.

I have been saying they were statistics all along. You are getting emotional at statistics. Don't worry about them. I'm just a realist and find them interesting that's all. Is it not interesting?

Yes, I do believe in early marriage may cause to early divorce. for you my friend, parents advice are effective. Lots of stories heard about early marriage, but if the two of you are firm on your decision why not.Go on and receive the blessings of God! Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I see that you have a very interesting temperament. That may conflict with marriage.

I have been saying they were statistics all along. You are getting emotional at statistics. Don't worry about them. I'm just a realist and find them interesting that's all. Is it not interesting?
    I'm crying myself to sleep over these statistics.

Just because I say "I don't give a shit about statistics" doesn't mean I'm getting all beat up over here.

I don't give a shit about Canada, but I'm not emotional about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123