+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black hole

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd like to put my d*ck in a black hole.

Kinky anal ****er.
    Don't expect anything.

this was a waste of money.

what are they gona achieve buy keeping it alive? nothing. zilch. nada.

they should have spent it on cancer research
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post

Are you talking out of your ass? Yeah, you are

The purposes of the large hadron collider-

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHC#Purpose[/url]

But in all honesty, people that haven't taken advanced math or physics courses should not comment on this undertaking at all

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. She killed herself because something else "might" kill her? WTFBBQ!. Are we supposed to feel sorry for an idiot like that?
    "had been frightened after watching local TV reports that the experiment would cause the "Earth to crack up and everybody in the village would die". "

Key word - "Would", not "Might". Which is why sensationalists, rather than being reasonable and saying "Yeah, well, there's this itty bitty chance that things will go wrong" try to sell out through saying "The world is ending! Run!".

wtf do you know? this may lead to technology that get rid of cancer, or maybe great treatment for it at the least. Learning about the gravitational forces and workings of a black hole can advance science dramatically. Not to mention if they achieve a black hole through particle collision they in a sense completely with out a doubt prove big bang. Once again stabbing religion in the face, assuming there is a unwounded place left to stab after all the stabbing that has occurred.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

anachronistic Guest
    wtf do you know? this may lead to technology that get rid of cancer, or maybe great treatment for it at the least. Learning about the gravitational forces and workings of a black hole can advance science dramatically. Not to mention if they achieve a black hole through particle collision they in a sense completely with out a doubt prove big bang. Once again stabbing religion in the face, assuming there is a unwounded place left to stab after all the stabbing that has occurred.
    a cure for cancer???? verrrrry indirectly. and by indirectly, i mean, pink sock fetishes will be acceptable to society before it is discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    a cure for cancer???? verrrrry indirectly. and by indirectly, i mean, pink sock fetishes will be acceptable to society before it is discovered.
    Everything in technological advancement and science has pretty much been indirectly.

anachronistic Guest
    hmm, true, i am all for science. but the way you put it made it seem like it was directly connected to this study.

and didn't you just say that you need more excitement in your life? how boring would it be if there was a cure for everything? you'd get sick of chopping your nuts of cos you could just take a nut-growing pill and they'd be back in a few days. besides, you seem to want the world to be sucked away by a black hole and end all life as it is. what interest do you have in cures? that's what i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    hmm, true, i am all for science. but the way you put it made it seem like it was directly connected to this study.

and didn't you just say that you need more excitement in your life? how boring would it be if there was a cure for everything? you'd get sick of chopping your nuts of cos you could just take a nut-growing pill and they'd be back in a few days. besides, you seem to want the world to be sucked away by a black hole and end all life as it is. what interest do you have in cures? that's what i thought.
    I don't have interest in cures, you are right. I how ever do have interest in interstellar travel, space, cosmology, theories on time/space, and would love to get off this got forsaken rock, hell make it galaxy, for at least a few weeks. I would like to know more about what makes this universe tick, isn't that the entire point. Come on people, this is exciting...I mean we were born as a curious race so why stop now?

I for one like the fact that something eventful may happen with in my life time.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I how ever do have interest in interstellar travel, space, cosmology, theories on time/space, and would love to get off this got forsaken rock, hell make it galaxy, for at least a few weeks. I would like to know more about what makes this universe tick, isn't that the entire point.
    If you really want to come to a better understanding of all of that, you'll have to take years of math and physics classes. There is no other way, unless you think you can reinvent the wheel that some of the smartest men who lived before you dedicated their lives to

Because of how complicated all this stuff is today, there isn't even the ability to passively observe, because if you pretend to understand anything of it you're completely full of shit

You are a waste of space.
    Don't expect anything.

there's a black hole in your pants.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    If you really want to come to a better understanding of all of that, you'll have to take years of math and physics classes. There is no other way, unless you think you can reinvent the wheel that some of the smartest men who lived before you dedicated their lives to

Because of how complicated all this stuff is today, there isn't even the ability to passively observe, because if you pretend to understand anything of it you're completely full of shit
    Right, so what we should do is not try completely at all since trying instantly makes it bullshit because it is to complicated to understand? I never said I know everything about the stuff, I just find it interesting and the more we understand the better. Not to mention I have taken many math and physics classes as it is. The goal is to expand our knowledge, not cower in fear of the unknown. The previous smart men and their ideas are passed onto the progress currently and their inventions and theories are part of the reason this project is even in existence. No one is going against them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Right, so what we should do is not try completely at all since trying instantly makes it bullshit because it is to complicated to understand?
    Nobody here can claim the right to even BEGIN to approach thinking about these things. It takes lots and lots of understanding of math and physics

It's like someone who doesn't know the first thing about math says "Energy is quantized LOL!"

Not to mention I have taken many math and physics classes as it is.
    Good, what math and physics classes did you take? I remember you saying you failed calculus several times, and I assume you meant basic (differential and of one variable) calculus

the more we understand the better.
    "We" can't be used because so few people understand it. I guess I can say that "we" know how to have sex even though I haven't

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast