+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women in charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I don't mind being the bitch for awhile as long as she's fit, pretty, great personality and older than me :p. Do as you will I say!

ok you're in!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    ok you're in!
    Wahey, when do the games start then?!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I like taking turns being in charge....in the bedroom
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I think the idea is to try and find someone that is compatible enough that you can both be in charge and take care of day-to-day things equally. Take housework for example.

If you date someone you know is messy then you're going to have to nag him, whether you like it or not. The key then, is finding someone who is already neat so you don't have to nag. What if you still love the messy person? Then hire a housekeeper. There are always alternative ways of getting the s**t you want done without having to boss someone into doing it (if you can afford it).

Bossing someone just makes him want to resist and rebel.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I am not sure what you mean but emotionally my ex and I had a very unequal relationship in that regards. He would always comes to me to express his anger, happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, hurts, EVERY emotion to me and I must support him. I could only express happiness and really didn't get to celebrate that! He never supported my emotions and complained or ignored me if I tried. Does that mean I was the boss or he? He did say it was difficult to see me any way but ecstatic lol.
    Last edited by lesa; 13-09-08 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I am not sure what you mean but emotionally my ex and I had a very unequal relationship in that regards. He would always comes to me to express his anger, happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, hurts, EVERY emotion to me and I must support him. I could only express happiness and really didn't get to celebrate that! He never supported my emotions and complained or ignored me if I tried. Does that mean I was the boss or he? He did say it was difficult to see me any way but ecstatic lol.

oh lesa he doesn't sound too nice, ye my guy always got his own way by guilting me too
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    oh lesa he doesn't sound too nice, ye my guy always got his own way by guilting me too
    He really wasn't mean about it. He was very nice & caring otherwise. It was one of his issue. Hopefully he knows that now and is working on it. He said it hurts him to see me in any way but very happy. He saw me as his superwoman and emotional supporter (he never said that...but it felt like that sometimes). I needed him as my emotional supporter too but he could not provide that. If that was balanced I am sure we would have been together today.

anachronistic Guest
    Why do people let to get the same message across with different words?

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Why do people let to get the same message across with different words?
    Well in my profession you must make yourself clear at all times or there can be serious consequences. I'm used to it. I rinse and repeat every day. Do I need to put that another way so that my message gets across? I don't mind.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Well in my profession you must make yourself clear at all times or there can be serious consequences. I'm used to it. I rinse and repeat every day. Do I need to put that another way so that my message gets across? I don't mind.
    How does one literally make oneself clear?

just teasing

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    How does one literally make oneself clear?

just teasing
    See how it happens? My poor word choices make me want to repeat my message. I'll control myself this time.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Guys, if your girls are taking advantage of you, it is YOUR fault. Take some responsibility. You are only a victim if you allow it, and women aren't the enemy.
    That's one way to look at it, a biased way, but a new perspective regardless. Actually, it's THEIR fault. For being so disrespectful and manipulative in nature. A woman's character flaws are not the fault of a guy, but of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    That's one way to look at it, a biased way, but a new perspective regardless. Actually, it's THEIR fault. For being so disrespectful and manipulative in nature. A woman's character flaws are not the fault of a guy, but of her own.
    true and visa versa

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagoose View Post
    That's another way to look at it, but I consider a person's willingness to be walked on to be their own charcater flaw (regardless of gender BTW). People who don't respect themselves don't gain the respect of others.
    Last edited by shh!; 13-09-08 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    That's another way to look at it, but I consider a person's willingness to be walked on to be their own charcater flaw (regardless of gender BTW). People who don't respect themselves don't gain the respect of others.
    What are you going on about? Vague, ambiguous, yawn.

When someone (of either gender) gets the urge to take advantage of their SO, to manipulate them, to try and gain control for their own personal self-centered motives, you have to wonder. Are they taking a moment to ask themselves "wait, is this right? do I feel no guilt for what I'm doing?"

If they don't feel any guilt for what they're doing, it's a serious character flaw. The essence of ethics and morals is to feel a sense of guilt and recognize when what you have the desire to do is clearly wrong.

The SO isn't concerned with mind games. Like the hopeless romantic that they are, they love the other person (hence taking advantage of). So they are just trying to keep the peace and make them happy, while the other person is taking advantage of that. I would hardly call caring and love a character flaw.

It's very interesting how you could even attempt to use language shifts and try to frame the situation any differently. Unless you can relate to this kind of relationship yourself and feel a little guilty about doing some of this, that would definitely explain why you feel this way and are getting all defensive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast