+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is it with 2.5 year relationships?

What is it with 2.5 year relationships?

I have been reading this and other relationship forums recently, due to what I have been going through myself. And I am amazed at how many relationships only last exactly 2.5 years. That happened to me and another buddy of mine, and it seems to be the length of time that 70% of the messages on these forums talk about their relationships lasting.

Because I'm searching for answers as to the reasons for my ex gf leaving me, I'm tending to over analyse things. But it is uncanny that a lot only last 2.5 years.

Any thoughts people?

That's an interesting statistic, never looked at it myself, lol. You have a very strong attention to detail.
    Last edited by Metalhead6six6; 07-07-04 at 12:04 PM. Reason: wrong words

is it more confusing when the harder you search for the answers?

It's not like I am sitting down with an abacus or anything, I've just noticed the number of 2.5 year relationships. This is even more apparent to me as this is as long as mine lasted.

ah - the number 2. Its not really 2.5 - it can be 2.0 or 1.8 - average to the closest whole number and it is 2 years.

I have had this problem as well and have thought about it. thought about it alot.

I met a girl that was engaged to this other guy for 2 years, then she leaves him gets with me. then 2 years later i leave her for another girl, then 2 years later she leaves me for another guy.

There is a force here at play. Karma. Yes, Karma is real and she's a ****ing Bitch. She will effect YOU because of someone elses karma.

The 2 year mark i believe is a cycle. Something about something somewhere that I havent figured out yet. Every two years Karma comes out and "fixes" your life to what you've earned.

Yeah Karma is always out doing something somewhere - but she will catch you every two years. I have noticed this. If you've gotten away with something in the past... 2 years later it exposes itself and you pay the price. It never fails. 2 years is your free time. You can do whatever you want for all of two years and get away with it (within reason) but when that two year mark comes around for Karma's visit with you, then it all will hit you at once. She will dump all your shit you threw out right back on you, but 3 fold.

These are just my beliefs... I may be wrong.

Very interesting logic Billy. At least that made me laugh - not much does these days...

what is funny about it ? I was serious and not trying to be funny... i dont see the comedy. am I missing something ?

It was funny because it seems so true...

ah. sry. yeah it is very true. I have met with Karma many times and everytime she is a bitch.

I've noticed this odd statistic as well. I don't think anyone will know the true answer to why this happens ??? Maybe at the 2yr mark you realise something? Is there this odd feeling of doubt that washes over you? Does the person start rethinking the relationship? Has the relationship become a constant replay of the same things over and over again with no change at all?

Many questions that come to mind when thinking of the motive to breaking up around the 2yr mark... Odd it is...

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

it is Karma.

its just life. things have a 2.5 yr cycle.

2.5 yrs is the amount of time it takes for some ppl to realise what they want

2.5 yrs is the amound of time it takes for some ppl to stand up to someone

2.5 yrs could dbe the amount of timw it takes someone to realise how boring there life is

2.5 yrs could be the amount of time it takes someone to realise they are gay

2.5 yrs might be the amount of time for somone to realise they need a change

all it is is because alot of things can happen in 2.5 yrs. it just sounds more alarming because its not 10 or 15. but alot of things can happen in 10 or 15 but ur not so alarmed because its not such a short legnth of time.
    - Claire -