+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirty Girlfriend

Flirty Girlfriend

i need help,
    my girlfriend, of 12 months BTW, is always texting and getting calls from other guys. i try to get upset about it, but honestly how good does it feel, especially when it happens in your presence? Most of the guys im not worried about, but one guy is her EX. the dredded EX, he wont let her go, hes obviously a douche, he texts her trying to hang, but texts her sister at the same time... i swear my GF is blind deaf and plain dumb i tell her that HIS mind is somewhere different from hers...Exes are never "just friends"...(im pretty sure theres an unwritten law where exes are non-existent when in a relationship)
    anyways, we argue about it alot, mainly because she doesnt change it... but she says she'll try, which could mean anything...any ways
    HELP ME!!!

This happened to me with my last gf. It wasn't pleasant...and very frustrating at times. & funnily enough...she was cheating on me with her ex. Lol.

You definitely shouldn't be 'acting' upset about it. If you're uncomfortable with it, there are other ways of dealing with it. Getting upset will often just make you look weak.

If she does it in front of you again, instead of raising a fuss about it, just walk away. I know its hard to do, but if she does love you, I expect she will learn to treat with you with more respect once you put her at a disadvantage. Her telling you 'she'll try' isn't good enough!

Walking away is a powerful tool...I wish I'd learned it earlier tbh

Quote Originally Posted by keonibaloni View Post
    i need help,
    my girlfriend, of 12 months BTW, is always texting and getting calls from other guys. i try to get upset about it, but honestly how good does it feel, especially when it happens in your presence? Most of the guys im not worried about, but one guy is her EX. the dredded EX, he wont let her go, hes obviously a douche, he texts her trying to hang, but texts her sister at the same time... i swear my GF is blind deaf and plain dumb i tell her that HIS mind is somewhere different from hers...Exes are never "just friends"...(im pretty sure theres an unwritten law where exes are non-existent when in a relationship)
    anyways, we argue about it alot, mainly because she doesnt change it... but she says she'll try, which could mean anything...any ways
    HELP ME!!!
    I think it's reasonable to be upset over continues above average contact with the ex in a relationship if she plays a part initiating it. I think it's reasonable to ask for it to be stopped and that certain consequnces will happen if it doesn't. I would go as far as say "I'm breaking up with you if this contact with the ex continues", this would drive the message accross very clearly and show that you have standards and self respect.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Tell her if she continues to receive TEXT from other boys then you will leave her. No use in arguing if she wants to be a flirty person...apparently she is insecure and wants attention. Let her know you are looking for a woman not a girl!
    Last edited by Love Portion #9; 24-09-08 at 12:39 AM.

i wouldn't deal with it. that person would be out on the curb.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I mean, if she gets texts from guys she can't really help it, but she CAN help texting them back! I say if she continues to text them and she knows how upset you are, then that's when you think if the pros still outweigh the cons and if not.. then there is no point in stayin'.

Tedel Guest
    Bah, don't be that jealous. Everyone has the right of keeping communication with whomever he wants. Don't you want to read every email she receives too? Come on.

Everyone has a right to yes, but I think it's kind of disrespectful if she's flirting with other guys, especially her ex who wants to hang out. I agree with the others as well...you have to put your foot down and if she wants to keep doing this and won't respect your feelings, then she's not worth your time.