+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ok Guys, I need your help..........

Ok Guys, I need your help..........

I am totally besotted with a guy at work and we're sort of not going anywhere even though I know he's into me. We've had a date that's been postponed, suggestions of other dates that he seems enthusiastic about then nothing happens about planning them and we've had one day out with our kids which in his words, was one of the best day's out he's had. It really was an amazing day............

So what's going on, hmmmmmmmmmmm. Here's some of the things that make me think I know he's into me.

1. He always finds me at work to come chat to and if for any reason each of us isnt there ( I sometimes work in another office) we both acknowledge that we've missed each other.
    2. Everyone at work thinks there is something going on and he's stated that he's not bothered by that.
    3. He tells me often how much he enjoys my company, and how easy it is to talk to me.
    4. He goes out of his way to make time for me and me for him.
    5. We laugh, all the time and recognise that we DO brighten each others day up.
    6. He compliments me on how I've done my hair, my clothes, etc.

and so many more things.............

Now here are the things that may be preventing anything from happening.

1. I'm 9 yrs older than he is, although not in looks and definately not by the way I act, we're very compatible
    2. I have a more senior position than him at work but he know's that I dont judge people like that, ever.
    3. I'm slightly overweight and undertall and I wonder if this bothers him even though I'm as sexy as hell, dress wonderfully and always take care to look my best (back into running so weight issue is reversing, phew!)
    4. He doesnt live in the same type of area that I do, meaning he doesnt own his own house, 2 levels of income, which doesnt bother me at all, as I said before I dont judge people.

Oh I could type here all night but the fact of the matter is, I can't read him at all and I would love to spend some time out of work with him again but each time we've sort of mentioned doing soemthing the plans have come to nothing and he always says, oh yeh, that sounds good, lets do that........then we dont. I'm scared now to mention it incase he says no as I dont want to spoil our friendship.

What should I do, I'm crazy about this guy !

Scarlet x

Go for it, girl. You make the first move and if he is not interested, well let him know you are still comfortable being friends.

Tedel Guest
    Stay away from love at work. It is never what it seems to be.
    You have been warned.

In my experience. Dating and Work do not mix well. If anything goes haywire, you have just lost a boyfriend, made a coworker an enemy, and also might have risked your job because he might try to get payback. You have to realize that you work 40 hours a week and that it isn't worth being miserable 40 hours because you messed something up. It's hard to avoid that person and its very uncomfortable. If you were me, I wouldn't do it.

But you know what they say... Love make you do crazy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet121 View Post
    I am totally besotted with a guy at work and we're sort of not going anywhere even though I know he's into me. We've had a date that's been postponed, suggestions of other dates that he seems enthusiastic about then nothing happens about planning them and we've had one day out with our kids which in his words, was one of the best day's out he's had. It really was an amazing day............

So what's going on, hmmmmmmmmmmm. Here's some of the things that make me think I know he's into me.

1. He always finds me at work to come chat to and if for any reason each of us isnt there ( I sometimes work in another office) we both acknowledge that we've missed each other.
    2. Everyone at work thinks there is something going on and he's stated that he's not bothered by that.
    3. He tells me often how much he enjoys my company, and how easy it is to talk to me.

1. I'm 9 yrs older than he is, although not in looks and definately not by the way I act, we're very compatible
    2. I have a more senior position than him at work but he know's that I dont judge people like that, ever.
    3. I'm slightly overweight and undertall and I wonder if this bothers him even though I'm as sexy as hell, dress wonderfully and always take care to look my best (back into running so weight issue is reversing, phew!)
    4. He doesnt live in the same type of area that I do, meaning he doesnt own his own house, 2 levels of income, which doesnt bother me at all, as I said before I dont judge people.

Oh I could type here all night but the fact of the matter is, I can't read him at all and I would love to spend some time out of work with him again but each time we've sort of mentioned doing soemthing the plans have come to nothing and he always says, oh yeh, that sounds good, lets do that........then we dont. I'm scared now to mention it incase he says no as I dont want to spoil our friendship.

What should I do, I'm crazy about this guy !

Scarlet x
    let's narrow it down some

but that's only the list of pros and cons let's look at cons

OMG JUST FORGET ABOUT HIM I MEAN WTF 9 YEARS OLDER WITH A BETTER JOB LOOK HOT AS HELL AND LIVES IN A DIFFERN'T AREA WHERE YOU CAN EASILY MOVE CLOSER TO HIM? OMG JUST DUMP HIM!

The reason why is merely because your scared of what he would say, a mere chance of what he would say .

Well since all the other things you said wouldn't/shouldn't prevent the chances think about this.

If you tell him that you love him...
    50% He will accept you
    50% He will like you as a friend

If you tell him that you love him later...
    50% He will accept you
    50% He will like you as a friend

If you don't tell him that you love him
    100% He will like you as a friend*

(* = if he doesn't just tell your shy ass about his feelings)

Just because a man doesn't love you, if you two were friends before, you two will be friends after.

So flip a coin in the price is right, you can gamble or just lose! That's life baby!