+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is it about human behavior and sorrow??

This may well be the dumbest thread in LF history.

nah cain, i have been able to have debates with lesa without any problems, ie lashing out because you have a problem with me rather than having an opinion. lesa is quite intelligent and calm actually, and a pleasure to debate with.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    This may well be the dumbest thread in LF history.
    i agree, it turned out that way. Its just such a pity people can't have an opinion about the subject, ah well, no change there.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    Or the power to tell people ‘I told you so’ I’m smart, you’re dumb….my instincts told me….etc etc ….now comes the sucking up and attention……???
    Some people are more concerned about assuring their acceptance than they are about learning something. I do think it gets in the way . Do you know what that narrates about how the person feels inside?

It's easily labeled an immature response, because that's how children would usually respond.

Eco, instead of attacking other people's lack of intelligence why not just try and clarify yourself?

What would be the harm in it?

I'm willing to bet you'd get people's opinions on your subject if you actually tried to play well with others.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Yeah, they're called people skills. You need a bit of work with them Jeanne. I do like some of your ideas, though.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 29-09-08 at 07:23 AM.

starbuck i actually don't attack people's intelligence. arrogant people tend to attack mine. it then becomes a tit for tat ridiculous dicussion. it stems from the first time i stood up for nickyd. or when i actually have a point people don't like. i don't go out of my way to insult people, however some people go out their way to insult me. it's a forum so i'm not sensitive. i can be quite friendly when people actually have something interesting to say. give it a go

You didn't answer my question though, which was why not just clarify yourself for people when they say that they cannot understand what you're asking?

It would save alot of back and forth.

starbuck. it's english, i don't understand why people find it so hard to read, i'm saying that honestly. so i space the sentences out, i actually thought that helped people read the thread faster, so they get each and every point, i guess that's part of the reason i like grk's comments and i find him interesting anyway. Thats the truth.

Are people even interested in the topic, or are they just looking for another chance to say "I don't get it you moron"?

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    starbuck. it's english, i don't understand why people find it so hard to read, i'm saying that honestly. so i space the sentences out, i actually thought that helped people read the thread faster, so they get each and every point, i guess that's part of the reason i like grk's comments and i find him interesting anyway. Thats the truth.
    Just because English words are strung together, doesn't make it easy to read. There is also such a thing as good grammar and good sentence structure (both of which are lacking in your posts)

Eco, I'm trying to HELP you get along with people on the forum. It's constructive criticism when someone tells you to clarify things, not an insult.

You said it was a pity that people didn't give you opinions and all I'm saying is you made it hard for them to. It's really up to you whether or not you want responses to your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Are people even interested in the topic, or are they just looking for another chance to say "I don't get it you moron"?
    I'm interested in trying to have less of these Eco versus the world arguments happening on these forums. I'm trying to help her.

Eco

I can honestly say that I have never been to a funeral where people are feeding off the attention.

Every funeral I have ever been to has been absolutely heart wrenching for the loved ones involved.
    Last edited by Dasein; 29-09-08 at 07:53 AM. Reason: sp

but starbuck ive had plenty of threads that have gotten responses, like dopple said it's another chance for arrogant people to say "I don't get it you moron". It's fairly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Eco

I can honestly say that I have never been to a funeral where people are feeding of the attention.

Every funeral I have ever been to has been absolutely heart wrenching for the loved ones involved.
    i only started to notice this when a funeral director told me this one time, actually it was an eye opener. I started to notice it with some of my family members. I think ye it is immaturity and inability to use logic. Some people love sadness (which is weird) but i wonder how many? is it in all of us at some point to feel such pity for ourselves to warrant attention (ie attention seeking). it is childish, but i find some traits never leave some people from childhood

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast