+ Follow This Topic

Thread: first heartbeak

first heartbeak

hey im a 17 year old kid and i need some advise

ok so i met this girl who is 16 through a friend at school when we met we hit it off really well later inviting me to spend my friday night with her at her house. so friday comes and i meet her parents and we sit in her basement for about 3 hours talking and laughing so come 10 ish i have to head home when i give her a hug goodbye in her driveway she kisses me and we hookup for a few mins. when we stoped she smiles at me and says "for the record i like you". so i really felt that we had somthing. so the next day i visited her at work and we talked and laughed some more. monday i asked her out and she said of course. we ddnt hanfg out for that whole week becuase of school work and her job so she calls me friday and says that she cant continue this relaionship because she cant give it 100% so she broke up with me over the phone.
    all that night i couldnt stop thinking and still am why .
    i asked her maybe we rushed it and she said yes but she also said she doesnt think we will go out again ever, i just cant understand that if she said she liked me and i really really like her shes basically the perfect girl for me. she insits on us being friends but i dont know if i can because any time i see her face i feel the pain i felt that night and if i bcome friends with her that means when she gets a boyfriend real friends would not get jealous but i know i will and i cant take it i know in my mind that i have to move on but my heart just doesnt want to please can some 1 give me some advise im really hurt by all of this and i just want the pain to go away

What's with all of these young people getting heartbroken over week long relationships.

You're in high school. Even if you two stayed together you likely wouldn't be together after you graduated. You need to go into this with the mindset that whoever you date right now will NOT be there 10 years from now.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    What's with all of these young people getting heartbroken over week long relationships.

You're in high school. Even if you two stayed together you likely wouldn't be together after you graduated. You need to go into this with the mindset that whoever you date right now will NOT be there 10 years from now.
    Refering to me Cain?

Hey dude, see my story, its probably much easier for you to do somthing. U still have a lot of time.

And Cain may be right afterall, he is right about most stuff.

That's a pretty short relationship try finding out that you didn't really know the girl you were with for upwards of three years. That's when your hearts broke not only by love but by the dissapointment in yourself that you were so easily mislead, and second-guessing yourself with anyone because of the trust issues which resulted from that event.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

She probably already have a boyfriend and was using as a rebound due to an argument or temporary separation. Girls do it all of the times!

Quote Originally Posted by truelovehurts View Post
    Refering to me Cain?

Hey dude, see my story, its probably much easier for you to do somthing. U still have a lot of time.

And Cain may be right afterall, he is right about most stuff.
    I was including you in the group, but you definitely weren't the only one.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehx View Post
    That's a pretty short relationship try finding out that you didn't really know the girl you were with for upwards of three years. That's when your hearts broke not only by love but by the dissapointment in yourself that you were so easily mislead, and second-guessing yourself with anyone because of the trust issues which resulted from that event.
    This person speaks the truth.

Op has little to worry about.

As for the telephone breakup -- shit thing to do.

My first break up felt like I was going to die, so its a learning experience. nothing wrong with that you do grow from it though