+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going Camping with a girl this weekend

Going Camping with a girl this weekend

This weekend a new lady friend and I made plans to go camping. It is the second time we are spending time together. We got introduced by a friend of mine who happens to work at the previous employer where I met my ex. Thus, My ex has close ties with people from this same employer today.

Do women get jealous of these situations shortly after you break up? It is not my intention to make her jealous, and don't want to hurt her by it. But I feel I have a right to do whatever the hell pleases me knowing she does not love me. (at least that is what she communicate...) I wonder if she already knows something is up based on her change of attitude towards me...(going from let's be civil, to won't ask you for anything anymore attitude...)

It's been 4 months since the break up.
    Last edited by survivor08; 02-10-08 at 04:29 AM.
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

I don't think you should be jumping into something so quickly its really not mentally healthy especially if your ex can find out about it.....But if its just for "camping" that's fine

and yes, some women do get jealous, but it also pushes them way away.

Then again, It is not like she asked me when she went on a 7 day vacation (days following my break up) with a "male friend" who I happen to know. She got offended when I hinted that there could be something more....

I trusted her. But maybe I am being naive that she would travel with this guy as friends...

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

You are going camping with a woman you've only seen once? Wow, you are optimistic. What are you going to do if you decide you hate her after 2 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    You are going camping with a woman you've only seen once? Wow, you are optimistic. What are you going to do if you decide you hate her after 2 hours?
    It is not a DATE. I am taking it more like an OUTING...

I hope it rains if I don't like her after 2 hours... lol!

I am just out to enjoy some nice company..

Survivor I actually think it is a good idea that you are spending time with someone other then the ex. Just make sure that you aren't doing it so secretly she will find out and be jealous.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Who says you've got to like a girl to enjoy sex with her?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

going camping is when you find out a lot about a guy, imo.

you learn if he can cook, if he can set up a tent, if he can gather wood and start a fire, if he can have fun without getting crazy.

in the woods is where you get to know people.

were you a boyscout by any chance, survivor?

ps. if you don't like her just throw her off the cliff.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trista22 View Post
    and yes, some women do get jealous, but it also pushes them way away.
    Who cares.

The only woman he'd be pushing away is his ex.

Or are you in the crowd of silly women who try to stay "friends" with their ex's?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

you learn if he can cook, if he can set up a tent, if he can gather wood and start a fire, if he can have fun without getting crazy.

were you a boyscout by any chance, survivor?

ps. if you don't like her just throw her off the cliff.

You are right misombra, you can find out a lot about people in nature. Some people are too high maintenance and that may be a problem for some. I was not a boyscout. I am just an adventurer...and like the outdoors...

The ex did not care about my feelings in the end so no harm intended by doing what I plan to do....socialize with the opposite sex and make new "friends"

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

eww. I guess she will also find out right away if he farts in the sleeping bag. I suppose it's a bit too much intimacy for my taste so early in the relationship, but to each his/her own.