+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Happiness gone forever?

Happiness gone forever?

I am in a relationship, have been for about two weeks, yet I can't stop thinking about my EX. Im over her, she ruined me I would not go back to her, yet I may seem happy when Im laughing and hanging out with the new girl, who is the exact opposite of my last, yet each time shes gone I find myself only thinking about my ex. Does this ever go away? Its been 4 months since I was with her why is a part of me unwilling to let go
    Last edited by Zehx; 09-10-08 at 03:46 AM.
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

Babe, i get this feeling alot with my past and to be honest, it never goes away.

If you truly loved this girl, a part of you will always love her but in time, the feeling will fade. You can't let your past interfere with your new girlfriend because she could be one of the best things to you.

Your ex meant alot to you but try to keep in mind that she's past, past tense, past memories.

I can't give you a cure to stop thinking of her cause there isn't one, i've tried to search but all i can say is think of all the good things in life and try your best to forget about her.

Best of luck.xxxxx

Pretty much what MzConfused said, there is no way in telling if it will go away, or when.

I had what i will call a "Relapse" with my ex.
    She broke up with me a long time ago, and i found a new girl, but i couldn't stop thinking of my ex, it drove me crazy and we ended up getting back together, for a year actually. It was fine for a while, but in the end it turned out EXACTLY like it did before.
    Now im with that girl a found more than a year ago AGAIN, and damn i wish i had been with her this whole time.
    If your new girl treats you good and you really care for her, focus your attention on her, and the details of who she is, let yourself be consumed in her, and maybe that will help take your mind off someone who hurt you.

I don't know how close the two of you are, but maybe you could share with her how you are feeling, maybe she can help you.
    “I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast.”
    -Ronald Reagan

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It does go away with time. Once you truly start appreciating your new relationship, you realize everything about it that was so much better than your last, and you think about the ex less and less.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Is a new relationship always better than the last?

Maybe you need some more time to move on before you start dating again? Everyone moves on at his/her own pace, and some people just need more time.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I also experience this kind of situation. What I did was I just let myself busy. I let myself enjoy anything. I cant stop thinking about him but keeping myself busy minimize me of thinking him. Later on, I slowly forget him.

Be a positive thinker always. Don't let yourself be stuck in the past and don't let your past ruined your life.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by alter_ego View Post
    Is a new relationship always better than the last?

Well, one would like to think so. It has been for me....simply because I learned new things with each relationship and was therefore able to correct old mistakes or be wary of certain behaviours I didn't like in a partner.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi