+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I remembered something today

Interesting

I see the most important things in life are health and family. Money is just a tool to make above two run smoother. It should never be made at the expense of the above.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I completely agree Mish. What I meant was, assume health needs and good family situation were already there. So, above and beyond health and family comes money as a strong focus

Sounds like DM is a Machiavellian. An average person (exception: someone from a third world country) takes the basic necessities (water, shelter, food, etc) for granted; they don't really have to worry about it. DM is looking beyond that and is going for further acquisition and dominance.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Naw I'm not a Machiavellian, I don't agree with douchebag iron-fisted dictators running MY country and people. I just want to make money earnings and savings a serious game to play, like with MOHAA or CS:S. There just feels like so many connections between the two, I can't explain it or expect other people to feel the same way because I didn't even realize it until I had been playing for over 3 or 4 years

And I realize that back then, I didn't feel so bad, and a lot of it was probably because the things I did were IN MY CONTROL! As in, owning assclowns and whatnot. Literally ALL of my best memories were with my MALE friends, and none of us ever gave a shit about girls, and we were happy. Now once I started caring (which is natural and should be expected) I felt like crap. And I realized I had NO CONTROL in that area of life. In making money and my own career(s ), I have complete control. I want to go back to that

Fair enough, just make sure that you keep a good balance, you have to be sharp and lucky (or just born rich, but that sucks) to actually make a lot of money while having a good lifestyle. Nothing comes for free in life, I guess.

When it comes to gaming actions reflecting in life, I think I have a great preference to face someone who's already got an advantage over me and still win through smart play. Has only happened in games though, not too sure of how it'd end up being a life thing. Probably facing a crappy life and turning the chips around to make things a hundred times better. Or something.
    Last edited by Lipp; 13-10-08 at 07:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Lipp;382272] (or just born rich, but that sucks)
    QUOTE]

why does that suck?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

imo everyone plays psychological games to get what they want (money/power/happiness), whether they admit it or not.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post

why does that suck?
    Because you don't learn as much, or at least less likely to. You don't appreciate what you've got since it's easier to assume it's always there, less of a need to perform well when studying or getting a job since it's not as much of a necessity, money management and budgeting is also not much of an issue, and the list goes on. Sure, rich kids can learn it as well, but it's less likely, and then they're in trouble if the business that has sustained them all their life breaks down and they've got to face the real world.

"If it's easy it's not worth doing".

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Because you don't learn as much, or at least less likely to. You don't appreciate what you've got since it's easier to assume it's always there, less of a need to perform well when studying or getting a job since it's not as much of a necessity, money management and budgeting is also not much of an issue, and the list goes on. Sure, rich kids can learn it as well, but it's less likely, and then they're in trouble if the business that has sustained them all their life breaks down and they've got to face the real world.

"If it's easy it's not worth doing".
    totally agree lipp, for development it can suck, there are a lot of rich kids out there that don't have a clue and in the end are the ones who get tricked and manipulated. Thats simply down to how their parents brought them up.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Fair enough, just make sure that you keep a good balance, you have to be sharp and lucky (or just born rich, but that sucks) to actually make a lot of money while having a good lifestyle. Nothing comes for free in life, I guess.
    The harder you work, the luckier you get

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Being home, drinking homebrewed espresso, and anticipating football games on a sunny Sunday afternoon, but not playing intense MOHAA, BFV, or CS:S, made me remember something. I also got in touch with one of my old MOHAA buddies again today and it just reminded me something
    Football games? Aren't you supposed to be reading or doing math?...or whacking off to one of GrkScorp's pictures of women he posted?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12