+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to forget a person?

how to forget a person?

It has been almost 2 weeks. I thought I already forgot about it. But now I still feel sad.
    I guess I still like him, despite the horrible things he said to me.
    Now I blame myself more and more for the breakup.

what should I do to make myself feel better?

I was trying to go out with other friends, but I guess it doesn't help, I felt so lonely being with the crowd, and missed him so much.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Only two weeks? This is still pretty fresh! There's no way you'd have it out of your head this early. It's going to take some time.

I found the best thing to do post-breakup is do what you've been doing: spend time with friends. Also, engage in your hobbies a little more. Or, if you don't have any, find some new ones! Go to the gym, take a class or something. Anything that will keep you engaged and social, and keep your mind off the ex.

It does feel lonely for a bit, but eventually you really learn to appreciate your singledom. Most of the time it's not the person we're missing, just the feeling of attachment. Just think, you are now open and available to great new possibilities with someone else!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yes, you'll miss being in the relationship. You know for a fact that he said horrible things to you.

I have been in the blaming mode before, blaming myself for the breakup. I know you think that you could do better, but the thing is, at least you now know what you did and what you might have done wrong. The most important thing is, AT THE TIME, that was the best solution you knew for the situation. Unfortunately things did not turn out as you had wanted.

It has only been 2 weeks. It'll still hurt. Keep spending time with them and talking to them. I know my friends stuck it out with me for 3 months and sure as heck your friends will want to be there for you as well.

where are you from idoubtit?

Idoubt it, don't blame yourself. From what I remember of your first post, this guy didn't treat you well, and you deserve better. This relationship has probably taken its toll on your self-esteem, and it's causing you to think less clearly about him.

Going out with friends will help, working out, getting outside and enjoying the weather if it's nice, staying active and busy. I've also found that writing it all down in a notebook helps, once I get the thoughts out of my mind and down on paper, they tend to stay there.

Some people even read empowering relationship books. One of my girlfriends swears by "He's Just Not that Into You".

Feel free to stay on LoveForum and rant if you need to.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

yea actually right now I am extremely busy with work and stuff. Don't have lots of time to waste. But whenever I am taking a break and have the time to feel my own heart, the sadness is there.

It's just hard for me to understand how it ended up like that. We definitely had good chemistry there. when he was into me, he was really into me. He even drove for 2 hours to come to see me all the way through a hurricane on a dark night. It's just amazing to me that love can come and go so fast for some people. I even didn't have the time to fully taste the sweetness of love yet, and, he was gone.

It's like a dream.
    Before I could reach out for my prince, the clock alarm rang.

You won't feel any improvement in yourself because you let your mind stuck. You don't allow things to enter.

Why you still think of that person?
    Does he think about you?
    Why spending time thinking of that person?

Move on!

Idoubtit. It sounds like you're allowing your memory to be very selective. You were pretty heart broken by this guy from what I remember. It might do you some good to remember those things that made you mad at him, too.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

life is so dry without love.